touring cars ITV3 @4pm

Currently reading:
touring cars ITV3 @4pm

ITV4 one week, ITV4 the next. With the WRC being on ITV4 too, perhaps ITV's love of Lewis Hamilton is the only reason there's motorsport on a prime channel :(

ITV4 one week, ITV4 the next. With the WRC being on ITV4 too, perhaps ITV's love of Lewis Hamilton is the only reason there's motorsport on a prime channel :(

Or that WRC/touring cars have much, much, much lower viewing figures than F1?

Is that a catch-22 argument though? F1 gets covered (generally) with the qualifying in full on the Saturday (unless it's at prime time, like USA, in which case ITV move it to make way for some ****e like Blind Date), then Sunday in full (with qualifying highlights before), with a highlights show later in the evening, and sometimes a rerun in full a few days later.
When the WRC was on Channel 4, it was 3 shows (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and each show was about an hour. Since it moved to ITV, it's all 3 days in one 60 minute show.
I saw the opening rounds of the BTCC the other weekend. It was all 3 races in a 40 minute program. The show was rubbish!

Can you tell that this is something that annoys me! :p

I used to watch plenty of motorsport (the above, plus GP2, GT racing, Superbikes, MotoGP, and some other stuff). Now the coverage for everything apart from F1 is rubbish. I wonder if sammi is colluding with the networks to get me to watch less TV? :chin: :p

Note: (All timings are approximate)

But personally I doubt it is catch 22, like any TV programme it goes up and down channels depending on viewing figures and revenue. I know it's harsh but if people wanted WRC and touring cars on primetime slots on prime channels, it most probably would be. Supply vs. demand and all that...

Paul, I gave up attempting to respond constructively to your post. I just wanted a rant about ITV! :p

Emma and I went to Rockingham today to watch the touring cars, was good, support events good as well with some "wing walkers" on two WW2 by-planes providing some entertainment during the lunch time break. Rockingham is a very good venue, I had never been before. It has good facilities, parking for thousands within short walking distance of ground.

If you sit high up in stands you get a near unimpeded view of the full track, though I wouldn't fancy sitting way up there as you are high in a cold wind.

It really needs to promote itself more as there were two stands that granted would have held thousands more not used as there wasn't the demand for them.

Even though we had paddock passes, it seemed that you could get paddock side without a pass which was good.

Aaron.

i used to watch BTCC when it was on tv. i'd still watch it if it was on. my demand hasnt changed, but supply has. damn these market forces why wont they obey me!

imo F1 is the least motorsport of them all, but it gets the most coverage. the reason is simply money.

I saw the BTCC on ITV. The whole program was 25 minutes long, for 3 races. The first race had 2 minutes of ceverage, the second race had 6 minutes. Not sure about the third race. :mad:

I used to watch BTCC all the time a few years ago when alain menu etc.. were racing, then all of a sudden it just dissapeared? no one cares aslong as F1 is on TV :(

Back