Technical Top mount rust again.

Currently reading:
Technical Top mount rust again.

Nope, this is a top mount. It's actually upside down in the photo :) You can even see the bit where they've ground the Fiat logo off the part so it can be sold at a fraction of the price :D The top mount sits between the strut and the body of the car.

To get the best out of it, though, you actually do have to fit it to the car - and for that, those nuts have to come off ;).

cosmetically it doesn't look good rusted but wait until you try and undo that top suspension bolt after it's been sitting in water for 3-5 years, good luck!

Mine's completely rusted, really not looking forward to the day when I have to attempt to undo the top suspension bolts. It's funny though, one of the top mounts looks as if it was waxoyl'd from new, but the other wasn't. My car seems to be a typical Fix It Again Tony. Anyone got any suggestions as to what to do? Those covers look like a very good investment!

Fix It Again Tony

please don't:rolleyes: Fiat's are no worse and in many cases better than most of similar cost...........anyway, yes use a wire brush and clean off as much of the rust as you can then liberally cover with oil and invest in the covers. Garages will use impact guns to remove them anyway (and sometimes heat) however a few preventive measures will sure help(y)

Haha those were my uncle's words, I personally agree with you (especially on the design front!) I'm definitely going to follow your advice and hopefully it won't squeak etc so much afterwards! Thanks!

Back