Technical Top mount rust again.

Currently reading:
Technical Top mount rust again.

Definitely seems to respond quicker to gearchanges (auto and paddles) than the old Competizione box in in the earlier A500c NP and the A500c SS. (although the esseesse was marginally better than the std 140BHP version.)

I have just taken delviery of a BlackJack here in South Africa. brand new - and on inspection found the top bolts rusted. i guess from shipping. But still, not acceptable... they should grease and cap them at manufacture IMHO.

I bet they don't stop the rust - just stop you seeing it. Unless they form a seal then water is still going to get in, surely, and have its evil way....

Fitted them.
it takes about 1 min. Just push it on the tread then screw it on. If make a seal with the rubber so no water is geting in.

8205914196_cf6f7cb746_c.jpg

Received 2 of them today, 72hrs after ordering. Black plastic, snap, flush, fit 5 seconds per side.(y)

Attachments

• Strut tops.jpg
    Strut tops.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 29
BEFORE you fit them and forget may I suggest you liberally spray the threads with WD40 then use a wire brush to clean them finishing with a coating of grease. Then fit the caps ;)

If you don't do this then you will have next to no chance of removing the top nut (and you will) without heat and a 3ft bar!

Back