Technical Top mount rust again.

Currently reading:
Technical Top mount rust again.

RUI

Get Your Own Tile
I have not had any problems with my top mounts rusting but that probably because my car is in a garage most of the time and I don't drive it in the rain if I can help it (only because I hate having a dirty car)

But I know people were having some problems and spending £15 on parts from a cinquecento to stop them from rusting, well now Fiat have made a part specifically for the 500 and they only cost £5.99 inc delivery.

it looks like they just clip on the top nut.

You can buy them on ebay from the link below or I guess you can go into your dealer but knowing them they will charge you more that the fiat dealer is selling them on ebay for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281027121865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iL8lBQqifJe7fQ~~60_58.JPG

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Good spotting RUI - I gave them a look, they seem such a good idea. Better late than never....

But on e-bay, a lot of car parts listings have a compatability drop down feature. And when it comes to Variant, there is a choice between 2008-2012 or -7 2007-2012.

The first choice says not suitable for my 1.3 MJ, the second says suitable.

I'm racking my brains as to what this -7 prefix means, or how I decide which applies to me. In case I'm being exceedingly thick, or the answer is screamingly obvious to you, please bring me to earth gently.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but how much does the part(s) that rusts cost to replace? Mine are rusted alright but nothing wrong with it but just wondering incase something does break.

no but call your dealer they will be able to get them, or i am sure that the dealer on ebay will be getting more of them....He sold them out in a couple of hours

Managed to order a set for my OH's. 1.2 Pop yesterday afternoon. (y)

Or you can make a perfectly serviceable alternative out of an empty squash bottle for nothing. The only tool required is a pair of scissors & fitting takes less than a minute.

I've still got a tin of Waxoyl from days of rusty old cars - gave mine a good brush with some of that.

I'll be honest with you guys. I am not even aware of this problem! = )

I guess I will learn that to my horror in the future = )

Or you can make a perfectly serviceable alternative out of an empty squash bottle for nothing. The only tool required is a pair of scissors & fitting takes less than a minute.
And a liking for Squash!!:D

Back