General top Gear Cinq

Currently reading:
General top Gear Cinq

TurboCinqy1250 said:
Don't know if it's posted before. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r49U6nSL7gw

Mini vs Cinq Sporting in Topgear

thats pretty damn good actually:devil: its nice to see proper cars being driven properly on the road rather than on a track but i do think clarkson made a mistake in filming that as one what part he saids something like the mini is 3 seconds quicker 0-60 yet from memory i have both the mini spi and the sporting booked at 13.8 :confused: ?

wayne

my point exacty mate, theres a UK mini pickup which stays with a mcarlen F1 (roadcar one obviously) to approx 120mph. Theres a VW beetle vs. Mini shootout at York Dragway each year and some of them are real fast (on both sides, its quite evenly matched suprisingly) Although these are mostly purpose built drag machines.. A street legal mini vs. cento shootout could be interesting but again i think us cento's boys might get sent packing..

blu73 said:
A street legal mini vs. cento shootout could be interesting but again i think us cento's boys might get sent packing..

I think some of the turbo boys will give them a run for their money, also the UT and cossie engined un's. Even Tom's (AoB's) will when it is built.

SkinzCinqSporting said:
I think some of the turbo boys will give them a run for their money, also the UT and cossie engined un's. Even Tom's (AoB's) will when it is built.

No i agree with you there are some real quick cento's going round.. Jamies tub is the only fast cento i've been in and its quick, what i'm saying is if it happened i think there would be a hell of lot more fast mini's than cento's. Its nothing against cento's, mini's have just been around longer for development of performance parts and they have a much bigger fan base than our cento's

blu73 said:
No i agree with you there are some real quick cento's going round.. Jamies tub is the only fast cento i've been in and its quick, what i'm saying is if it happened i think there would be a hell of lot more fast mini's than cento's. Its nothing against cento's, mini's have just been around longer for development of performance parts and they have a much bigger fan base than our cento's

Yeah for sure, but once all the mini's have rusted away :chin: :devil:

Never gonna happen, well maybe one day.. But there's to many of them for it to happen anytime soon.. Its like beetles (sorry more a beetle than mini person) you don't see many compared to years ago but the standard of restored examples is untrue. Coupled with the fact you can get just about any part new if you desire means they are gonna be around for a long long time yet

still in disbelief that clarkson had something good to say, you can tell he was still getting some lovin back in the 90s, I'd rather have the headache than the backache, the cinq's more practical :p

Back