General Top 5 Cinq mods

Currently reading:
General Top 5 Cinq mods

I've just bought a Cinq, don't wanna do much to it really as my main project is my Punto GT.

I've decided all I'm probably going to do is lower it 60/40 and put some anthracite GT3 wheels on it.

I'm just curious to know, what are the top 5 favourite mods you have done to your Cinq's? This could be an interesting thread if it takes off. :slayer:

Important things to do to a cinq are :

1. Lower it - 30mm is enough but more is better :p
2. Wheel it - A set of 14s is a good bet although the right 13s will be lovely!
3. Induction it - K&N Panel filter on a budget or GSR for some serious induction.
4. Indicate it - A clear set of side repeaters does wonders!
5. Debadge it - Bootlid badges come off no probs. front is a different matter :)

and just one more

6. Refit the rear wiperblade so it is flush with the window rubber. Not in the middle of the screen :p

Important things to do to a cinq are :

1. Lower it - 30mm is enough but more is better :p Check 60/40 Spax kit.
2. Wheel it - A set of 14s is a good bet although the right 13s will be lovely! Check 14" GT3 wheels
3. Induction it - K&N Panel filter on a budget or GSR for some serious induction. K&N it is then, not paying GSR prices
4. Indicate it - A clear set of side repeaters does wonders! Good idea, forgot about those.
5. Debadge it - Bootlid badges come off no probs. front is a different matter :) I'm gonna keep the badges on mine I think.

and just one more

6. Refit the rear wiperblade so it is flush with the window rubber. Not in the middle of the screen :p

My wiper blade appears to be in the right place :confused:

1) Punto GT Brakes

2) 14" wheels, see above

3) Top Strut brace, the bottom one is silly, at least the OMP one is.

4) Lower it

5) Poly bushes all round/stainless flexi hoses

I've just bought a Cinq, don't wanna do much to it really as my main project is my Punto GT.

I've decided all I'm probably going to do is lower it 60/40 and put some anthracite GT3 wheels on it.

I'm just curious to know, what are the top 5 favourite mods you have done to your Cinq's? This could be an interesting thread if it takes off. :slayer:

1) Mckrich Chip.

2) Suspension kit - -40mm Apex is recommended. Much lower and i think you'd loose too much clearance.

3) Tricker TB

4) Improve intake. Remove warm air feed, fit decent pannel filter. Maybe GSR.

5) Punto 75 cam or ICE or styling, you're choice.

As for fuel economy, with my above set up its getting just as much, maybe more MPG than standard. That's with reving the nuts off it everywhere.

1) Mckrich Chip.

2) Suspension kit - -40mm Apex is recommended. Much lower and i think you'd loose too much clearance.

3) Tricker TB

4) Improve intake. Remove warm air feed, fit decent pannel filter. Maybe GSR.

5) Punto 75 cam or ICE or styling, you're choice.

As for fuel economy, with my above set up its getting just as much, maybe more MPG than standard. That's with reving the nuts off it everywhere.

I don't see how this is possible tbh if you have 33% more fuel being pumped in by the TB and more air going in?

My favs are definately..
1)Lower it 40mm or more, looks so much better
2)GT Brakes
3)14" Wheels, GT/Sei/Lancia/Speedlines, imo keep it stdish
4)GSR Kit for performance & great sound Or 38mm TB (got mine cheap but if no budget then Tricker for the extra 2mm)
5)Nice Full Exhaust System, finishes it off imo
if i could choose then 6) strutbrace (cant use mine anymore :()& color code engine parts (Rocker)

1) wheels - 14's for GT brakes, with you on GT3 wheels..
2) brakes - GT's as mentioned above, leave rear for another time (i'm lazy)
3) slam it - 40mm at least!!
4) induction - GSR or aftermarket panel filter with drill airbox for a bit of noise
5) exhaust - nice simple 3" pipe supersprint, power gains and not to loud

Last edited:
Puntoboy, what colour is your Cinq?? Your in the Wellingborough area aren't you?? I'll wave if I see you :)

I have a K&N 57i kit that you can have if you want? Hasn't done many miles either.

Yeah I am mate. It's Broom Yellow, going to collect it tonight. I saw you when I was towing my mates Fiesta a few months ago I think.

I already have a K&N 57i from my old Punto 1108cc engine. Tbh I tihnk I will get a panel filter though.

Thanks for the offer however.

Back