Tomtom map update

Currently reading:
Tomtom map update

cheers paul, took a while to find all the info but i got there in the end i think
Need to buy a new SD card though since an updated map is best part of 2gb and mines only 1gb

Can you use any SD card in a tomtom or must it be one from tomtom? I got new SD card as the map was too large to fit on the 1gb i had in my tomtom. But when i put it in it comes up with an image of a SD card with a red cross over it and wont continue.

Yes you can use pretty much any sd card.

find United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 840.2562 its less then 200mb pretty recent and has lane guidance on.

also find TTGO8412 navcore files and Easyusetools

1) Format the sd card.
2) place the UK folder onto the sd card.
3) place all the files/folders from the ttgo8412 onto the sd card.
4) startup tomtom like normal it should say you can't use the map.
5) plug tomtom into PC or use card reader.
6) startup easyusetools and run RunMeforAllAutomatic.cmd it should detect the sd card, press enter, then press 1 then enter

it should then say all done.

Restart tomtom and all should be ok

thanks for your help paul
But i cant get the SD card to work. I have an original back up which i know works. I have tried extracting that onto the SD card but it will not work on the TomTom. I right clicked on the the card in My Computer and clicked format
changed it to 4096 bytes, FAT32 and called it TOMTOM DISK like my original SD card details are but it still doesnt work.

What am i doing wrong?

that may be the problem 4gb is SDHC and may not be compatible, try using a smaller card with a newer navcore it should update the firmware then try the 4gb again, if that doesn't work you may have to stick to a max 2gb card

cheers paul, thanks for you help but im just going to give up. its not worth the effort with the amount of time i have already spent on it

Back