Toad ai606 - punto mk2 (indicators)

Currently reading:
Toad ai606 - punto mk2 (indicators)

Hi,

I tore out an ai606 from my old car after I crashed it (d'oh!) and am now fitting it to my new one (a punto mk2 sporting)

I have everything working except the indicators, the car locks with the fob and all sensors work etc. just got stuck on the last hurdle!

wiring colours or connector/pin numbers would be excellent, also if the punto indicator setup is +12v or ground trigger.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. I tried at least!

(I am aware that it won't have thatcham approval)

seeing as a live is being sent to the lock solenoids why not take a spur of here and connect to a nice discreet led you have smoothed into the mirror? or under the door handle etc

Already got lights under the handles, linked up to the interior light...

Found the root of my problem now though after spending half an hour with a multimeter...

A bloody fuse in the alarm wiring. One that I checked before starting to wire it up...

All done. Now the indicators flash! woohoo!

Just one more thing though, I am having an issue with setting the alarm.

Basically, the doors are wired up to the interior light via some kind of magnetic sensor, there's not a pin switch on each door.

There is a delay of 15-20 seconds where the interior light stays on.

If I set the alarm before the interior light switches off, I get 3 beeps/flashes and the door sensors aren't enabled.

Where should I wire the alarm so I arm the alarm and it works properly (sets the alarm and turns the light off)?

Or do I need to get separate door switches?

Cheers

Back