Toad a101 almost silent

Currently reading:
Toad a101 almost silent

kevind1989

ok so i got bought a car the other day with a Toad a1o1 alarm fitted but have no manual or anything

the problems is the alarm will lock and unlock doors, the sensors and everything work, if i get in the car without opening a door it sets it off
the only problem is the siren is almost silent and i can start the car while its going off

if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it

:edit: was told by the guy i bought the car from he had hit the black button on the fob and he thinks its stuck in valet mode

Last edited:
ok so i got bought a car the other day with a Toad a1o1 alarm fitted but have no manual or anything

the problems is the alarm will lock and unlock doors, the sensors and everything work, if i get in the car without opening a door it sets it off
the only problem is the siren is almost silent and i can start the car while its going off

if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it

:edit: was told by the guy i bought the car from he had hit the black button on the fob and he thinks its stuck in valet mode

Are the indicators flashing if so siren may be water damaged

is the siren making any noise

Ian

yes the indicators flash, the system seems to work fine just cant hear the siren

and yes it does make a noise (sounds like its making the right noises) but you can hardly hear it

Thanks for the manual by the way

p.s. if i were to strip down the siren would it likely be noticeable if it is water damaged?

yes the indicators flash, the system seems to work fine just cant hear the siren

and yes it does make a noise (sounds like its making the right noises) but you can hardly hear it

Thanks for the manual by the way

p.s. if i were to strip down the siren would it likely be noticeable if it is water damaged?

Yes coroded and wet

ye that was a rather obvious question lol, thanks for the replies, this is almost deffinetly the problem, will a siren from another toad system (ai606) work and would souldering the wiring at the alarm cause any problems? as this would save me removing the wiring down to the control unit

ye that was a rather obvious question lol, thanks for the replies, this is almost deffinetly the problem, will a siren from another toad system (ai606) work and would souldering the wiring at the alarm cause any problems? as this would save me removing the wiring down to the control unit

No mate you will need a 2 wire siren the AI606 is battery back up and is trigered via a data link not pos and neg
i have them if your stuck

Ian

cheers mate, ill order a 2 wire siren off ebay, plenty kicking about

thanks for the help

Back