toad alarm

Currently reading:
toad alarm

HanFob93

I disconnected the battery to my Punto which has a toad alarm fitted(sorry do not know model of alarm). When I came to reconnecting the battery again the alarm sounded. Then when I turned on the ignition a light (the shape of a key) on the dash came on and it said code. When I tried to start the car there was nothing, starter motor not turning over. I read in some of the other threads about and over ride and pin numbers. Where do I find these?:bang:

Thanks in advance

I disconnected the battery to my Punto which has a toad alarm fitted(sorry do not know model of alarm). When I came to reconnecting the battery again the alarm sounded. Then when I turned on the ignition a light (the shape of a key) on the dash came on and it said code. When I tried to start the car there was nothing, starter motor not turning over. I read in some of the other threads about and over ride and pin numbers. Where do I find these?:bang:

Thanks in advance

Your problem is with your car the key warning is your chipped key not being recognised
the alarm unless it has immobilisors will not stop it

Will the alarm arm and disarm and how many buttons

Ian

Yes the car will arm and disarm. The key fob has two buttons a green and black. On the back of the fob it says CEPT LPD-D, CE 125? TYPE EL433.92 MHz. How can I tell what alarm is fitted where would the "brains" be fitted?

Thanks

Yes the car will arm and disarm. The key fob has two buttons a green and black. On the back of the fob it says CEPT LPD-D, CE 125? TYPE EL433.92 MHz. How can I tell what alarm is fitted where would the "brains" be fitted?

Thanks

The Alarm is a Toad A101CL
Sit in car and arm and disarm listen for the relays clicking this will take you to it
But i still think ( well im 100% sure its not alarm fault )

Do you have a Factory alarm ?

Ian

Ian,
Thanks for the reply. I tend to agree with you that it may not be the alarm and I am thinking starter motor? Will check it out and let you know, mind you the weather is not very nice at the moment.

Ian,
Thanks for the reply. I tend to agree with you that it may not be the alarm and I am thinking starter motor? Will check it out and let you know, mind you the weather is not very nice at the moment.

Have you anymore keys ?

Also try disconnecting battery for 5 mins

Ian

We only have the one key and fob for the alarm. The battery was disconnected while it was charged up. I have checked the voltage with the supposed battery charged and it was 12.3v. Don't if the voltage is enough?

We only have the one key and fob for the alarm. The battery was disconnected while it was charged up. I have checked the voltage with the supposed battery charged and it was 12.3v. Don't if the voltage is enough?

Voltage seems ok dry disconnecting battery again for 10 mins or so

Ian

Back