General To Make Your Panda's Standard Stereo Sound Better Try This

Currently reading:
General To Make Your Panda's Standard Stereo Sound Better Try This

Many thanks to Ross for posting your EQ settings. I have had my 100HP for 2.5 years but have never bothered changing from the factory default. After reading this thread, I changed the setup [albeit with a little more bass and a slight rear-bias on the fade] and it sounds much clearer.

A strange example of this is when I washed the car. I always put the radio on and have the volume at around 15. With the new EQ settings, the radio was noticably clearer to hear outside of the car - so hopefully that means the sound quality has improved? [or it needs some Dynamat in the doors!].

Thanks again (y)

I only have an Active with the very basic radio but I still think it sounds awesome and the speakers are great.

I agree that these settings helped, but in the end I gave up trying to get the AUX-In to work with my iPhone properly. So ended up buying a single-DIN Sony BEX-3700 Head Unit which has every form of connectivity going, including Hands Free phone etc etc).

So if anyone wants an MP3-compatible, CANCHECK fixed HU from a late Panda, with all the EQ Setting facilities etc, let me know.

Will post something in the Classifieds when I get a mo.

Thanks,
Phil G

I've had my 100HP for about a month now and, like many of you, didn't really have the time or willingness to bugger around with the EQ settings. I was going to get the speakers replaced with "superior" items, but fortunately found this thread and set the EQ up accordingly.

Wow, enormous difference! I cranked a CD up to about 17, and the sound was pretty good. It's not going to win any soundoffs, but the system now sounds decent at relatively high volumes, and that's all that matters to me.

Top stuff - thanks to all who contributed here!

Top notch thread ressurrection! I had been meaning to have a look at trying to sort out the EQ settings as for some reason the loudest I can have the stereo is about "5". Will be trying these settings in before I drive home.

No, I'm sorry, those EQ/bass settings in the original post are dumb as hell.

Turning the bass way down and then boosting it to all hell again with the EQ? You've just accomplished absolutely nothing, you're pretty much back to square one.

If you look in later posts in this thread, the bass settings that rossmanfiatman initially had have been updated. His personal bass settings are now at 0 (FM) and -2 (CD), which I am actually okay with.

It doesn't really matter though... the EQ settings are ace IMO, and you can fiddle with treble and bass to suit your own musical tastes.

If you look in later posts in this thread, the bass settings that rossmanfiatman initially had have been updated. His personal bass settings are now at 0 (FM) and -2 (CD), which I am actually okay with.

It doesn't really matter though... the EQ settings are ace IMO, and you can fiddle with treble and bass to suit your own musical tastes.

Music always sounds "better" and more punchy with the treble and bass levels boosted.

That's basically what the Loudness setting does to fatten up the sound at low volume levels and what the EQ settings bandied about in this thread do as well.

Which is why loads of people put the treble and bass knobs on their stereos to 100% all the time. It also happens to sound like arse because the bass drum and cymbals overpower everything else. It's even worse when people turn up all the bars on an EQ to full thinking they'll get "more music" or whatever. All it does is boost the volume. That's what the volume knob is for, in case you were wondering.

Of course, the unideal acoustics inside a car and general noise level means that some adjustment is needed. +1 treble, +1 bass is about right and doesn't murder the music or your ears at higher volume levels either. Need more bass? Add a subwoofer.

Much much better sounding now :)

Also did the same today in the works CITROEN NEMO van, Which uses basically the same headunit as my 100hp.

The difference is realy amazing :)

Spot on :D

Having read this I'm now wondering if I can get around the ridiculously low max setting for the volume when turned on by upping the equaliser. It won't remember any volume past 20 on turning back on so the first thing I always have to do is turn it up. A real PITA and shame on Fiat for doing this.

Anyone else have a problem with the radio volume changing as i switches frequencys?
Its very quiet so i have to turn the volume right up, then 5 mins later it gets really loud for a min, then goes quiet again :bang:

I'm struggling a bit to get access to the EQ user settings. I can find the bit where the EQ is set to 'User' but not how you then get to view and change the bars... Are all these radio-CD units basically the same? Mine is an '06 plate car, in case that helps. I did notice that the 'User' setting sounds better than Rock or Jazz settings, so I must be part way there to Panda-stereo-nirvana! Any pointers please, folks?

And - on a related subject, what was the best possible sounding system sold in UK market Pandas and is the wiring in place to allow any of these bits to be retro-fitted?

thanks in advance (y)

Sorry to bump this one but I think it may be of use for the new shape Pandas as well!

Will report back once I have had a go. The standard settings really are pants IMO, they are significantly worse than the standard settings in our old 500 Pop. Have had a jig around with the bass and treble with reasonable success, but hopefully this will work better!

Well, I'm pleased to say that the EQ settings suggested at the start of this thread seem to have made the difference.

I still need to have the bass and treble up a little bit higher, and I also found it was better to have the Loudness setting switched on, but ultimately the sound is a lot better now.

I'll link this thread on the 2012 Panda section as I think it will assist others too!(y)

Back