General To Make Your Panda's Standard Stereo Sound Better Try This

Currently reading:
General To Make Your Panda's Standard Stereo Sound Better Try This

Lovin' this thread :slayer:

I've been trying all the suggested settings but still prefer the ones I run so far. For the record they are:

Bass: 0
Treble: 0
Loudness: On

EQ settings (L-R): +4; 0; +2; +4; +4; +3; +2

That's on a standard 100HP set-up without the upgrade pack.

Seems to work really well with anything, from Radio 4 to Marilyn Manson via Pink Floyd and Front 242!

Lovin' this thread :slayer:

I've been trying all the suggested settings but still prefer the ones I run so far. For the record they are:

Bass: 0
Treble: 0
Loudness: On

EQ settings (L-R): +4; 0; +2; +4; +4; +3; +2

That's on a standard 100HP set-up without the upgrade pack.

Seems to work really well with anything, from Radio 4 to Marilyn Manson via Pink Floyd and Front 242!

If it works for you. (y)

Its great that so many us find the standard set up more than ok. Just proves you dont need the upgrade to get a more than decent sound.

To be honest ive never understood the need for masses of bass when listening to music. Its just one part of a collection of instruments, wether its a bass guitar or drums, why have one instrument that drows out all the others. The only time i want to 'feel' bass is on my home cinema set up, but each to there own.

But I will be soundproofing the doors as Paul suggested above, to make the standard setup even nicer.

If it works for you. (y)

Its great that so many us find the standard set up more than ok. Just proves you dont need the upgrade to get a more than decent sound.

To be honest ive never understood the need for masses of bass when listening to music. Its just one part of a collection of instruments, wether its a bass guitar or drums, why have one instrument that drows out all the others. The only time i want to 'feel' bass is on my home cinema set up, but each to there own.

I agree with you (y)

I don't know why people want the bass to drown out the rest of the music a good balance is what is needed.

If any of you go to the Auto Italia events this year (and possibly Goodwood Festival), my car is usually there in the trade section for demo's, so feel free to pop along and have a listen :)

And i bet it sounds as good as the install looks. I dont mean to disrespect anyone who wants to improve the set up in there car, i am just as anal with my cinema set up. But this thread proves that we can get a good sound out of the standard HU and speakers. Until a few months back i didnt think this was possible, until i started fiddling with it.

I'd actually forgotten that the stereo had an equaliser function, so thanks for the reminder. I had a quick fiddle with the bass and treble settings when I first got the car and always meant to go back and have a play with the equaliser - that was nearly two years ago!

Equaliser fettling is now my prime killing-time-while-sitting-in-traffic activity. Haven't quite decided on the optimum yet. Decisions, decisions...

I'd actually forgotten that the stereo had an equaliser function, so thanks for the reminder. I had a quick fiddle with the bass and treble settings when I first got the car and always meant to go back and have a play with the equaliser - that was nearly two years ago!

Equaliser fettling is now my prime killing-time-while-sitting-in-traffic activity. Haven't quite decided on the optimum yet. Decisions, decisions...

lol ! The stereo Equilizer fiddling can get into a bit of an obsession !

I still keep fiddling even now I'm happy with the sound !

As I've said its mainly the bass I fiddle with, at the moment I have it at 0 for FM and -2 for CDs. But this will probably change again ! lol ! :rolleyes::)

There will be some point soon that I will feel I can't improve things any more than I have.

As for upgrading the stereo/speakers, who knows in the future. I would consider it if I had money to spare. But at the moment I can't afford it, but I'm happy with the sound I have got out of the standard stereo.

One of the main reasons I would change it is because I listen to Radio 1 a lot and the signal in the Channel Islands is not as strong as in the UK, so I could do with a unit with a better tuner in the future.

Right I've followed the OP's suggestion and I'm very pleased with the outcome tbf!

I'm still missing a level of bass that I'd prefer, this can be over come with an under the seat sub, but the improvement is 100%! No vibration and nice and loud and surprisingly very clear... :slayer:

Right I've followed the OP's suggestion and I'm very pleased with the outcome tbf!

I'm still missing a level of bass that I'd prefer, this can be over come with an under the seat sub, but the improvement is 100%! No vibration and nice and loud and surprisingly very clear... :slayer:

ok how do you actually change the equiliser settings?
i can get to it where you can view the different preseet equilliser settings but how do i actually change the height of each individual bar?

Excellent ! I'm glad you've found an improvement. :)

I have tweaked my bass setting to 0 for FM Radio and -2 for CD's ( you can have separate Eq settings for FM and CD ). Have you tried these settings ?, I find the bass quite nice at these volumes and perfect for my varied taste in music. You can hear the bass very well but it doesn't over power the music.

If you want more bass just up it a bit. But I find if I up it any more the speakers don't seem to handle it too well and the music in general gets a bit distorted ( undoubtably a limitation of the standard set up ).

ok how do you actually change the equiliser settings?
i can get to it where you can view the different preseet equilliser settings but how do i actually change the height of each individual bar?

If you read the whole thread all of the information is there ;):)

Here it is again -

Go to user EQ USER in the Audio menu and hold the up arrow until the bar flashes, then use the up and down arrows to change the bars, left and right to move between bars, press audio button to finish. You will have to do this twice. Once when you have a CD in and again when you are listening to the radio as you can have different settings for both. ( The manual is wrong ! it says hold down the down arrow ! it should say hold the up arrow ! took me a while to figure out that one ! ).

Please take note my revised Bass settings from the original post ( 0 for FM and -2 for CD )

Last edited:
I didn't know there were different settings for radio / CD....

I will have to have a fiddle!

;)

Yes there are 2 settings.

If you are listening to a CD you can adjust the Eq for CD playback and when you are listening to the radio this adjusts the Eq for FM.

For some reason when listening to a CD there is more Bass that is why I have my Bass setting lower on CD playback.

been a really useful post, noted settings on a post it and set them in the garage the other night. Went out for a drive with an old Santana CD this evening and it really isn't a bad stereo at all, sounded great to me.

Back