Tips on pulling off quickly...

Currently reading:
Tips on pulling off quickly...

Singh!

Just wondering if anyone has got any tips for me, i just wanted to know what the best way is to pull off quickly.. im not talking about pulling off as fast as possible(although advice would be nice :D) just pulling away quicker then usual.

I normally just increase the revs to around 2/2.5k then bring the clutch up (not just dropping it though)
Will this have an effect on the life of my clutch? I only got it repalced 100miles ago..

Oh by the way i have a 2003 fiat punto active sport 16v (1.2)

Cheers

To pull off quicker you just need to flex your wrist/elbow/shoulder (depending on size) faster, and try to think of someone nice looking.

Doesn't really matter what car you have tbh

:p:p:p

haha i didnt get what u were on about at first...
cheers for the help mate but im fine in that area of knowledge lol

it can vary depending on car, engine, weight etc :D

not to sure on what it would be like in a punto, but in my jtd i aim for about 2.5k and then go for it :p

i personally just go on engine sound though, and rarely set off to quick due to the fact i dont want to replace new front tyres ever few k ;)

and my torque usually come on best in higher gears ;)

sometimes though, it is nice to get someone else to do it for you ;) ;)

Last edited:
sorry to be rude, but this thread is stupid :confused:

you either pull off normally (wee bit o revs, rais clutch slowly) or you set off fullbore (raise revs to 4000 on brake then dump clutch)

whats this about inbetween? the 1.2 16v engine has no power before 3000, so its either all or nothing, and doing fullbore starts will quickly knacker something.

EDIT: come to think about it, sorry i said stupid, cos i know what you mean about slow starts :eek:

just live with it tbh

Last edited:
think the word was 'normally' monkul, bit then again it might have been something like 'thursday' the way daz spells :p

launched the starbo at 4k feathering clutch and throttle, got it going with a hint of wheelspin. can't see why you'd be doing this on normal roads though lol?

I've usually get the car rolling in the first then floor it in second...Tho on the 85 you got a quick start by holding it at max torque and not letting fall below poor band on take off.

Just wondering if anyone has got any tips for me, i just wanted to know what the best way is to pull off quickly.. im not talking about pulling off as fast as possible(although advice would be nice :D) just pulling away quicker then usual.

Cheers

why not try some durex pleasureMax that may help you pull off more quickly

pleasuremax%20warming3.jpg

Last edited:
Back