Tiny bubbles in the paint

Currently reading:
Tiny bubbles in the paint

Bishbashbosh

Hi all,

I have noticed today that I have tiny bubbles appearing in my paint over the last week over the rear wheel arches and below the back windows,
My punto has had no painting done on her and the panels feel solid with no obvious rust beneath the paint.
I am very confused as to what could cause these to suddenly appear in the last week.
Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated,
TIA

Hi all,

I have noticed today that I have tiny bubbles appearing in my paint over the last week over the rear wheel arches and below the back windows,
My punto has had no painting done on her and the panels feel solid with no obvious rust beneath the paint.
I am very confused as to what could cause these to suddenly appear in the last week.
Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated,
TIA
Is there anything new in the ‘environment’ I only ask as, reportedly, the ongoing fallout from a fire at a waste sorting plant (been going on months now) has caused issues with paintworks on cars, vans, plant and buildings nearby

That's a repair that isn't coping with the weather. Usually caused by moisture when the paint was applied. The weather has been damp/cold which usually gets it to want to escape through the clearcoat. I've never seen factory paint do it - that's sprayed in a controlled environment.. but a body-shop repair is a lottery.

Ralf S.

That's a repair that isn't coping with the weather. Usually caused by moisture when the paint was applied. The weather has been damp/cold which usually gets it to want to escape through the clearcoat. I've never seen factory paint do it - that's sprayed in a controlled environment.. but a body-shop repair is a lottery.

Ralf S.
Agree with RalphS. I have never seen original paint do this but have seen it three times where the car had been repaired. Unfortunately I believe the only cure is to have the affected area resprayed again.

Back