Tinting film rear lights

Currently reading:
Tinting film rear lights

Ok i suggest you spray the rear lights ,there is a correct way to do it and correct paint ,ie for insurance ie if no one sees your break lights upgrade to 1oo watt bulbs in the rear lights are available,and i used to do mots

thats OK if the vehicle was designed that way. If it was the seats will have a strong frame and will be securely fixed to the floor of the vehicle with load spreading fixings. Or possibly welded.

In the case I saw today he had fitted a racing harness to a standard car seat. The seat frame was not designed to take the sort of load you would get in a crash. That kind of seat relies on the belts to keep them in place in a crash. To make things worse it was a 3 door car, so the seat tilts and is only prevented from tipping forwards by a single catch on one of the mounting rails.

Yes. All the straps were linked to a metal ring about 10 inches across that was at the rear of the seat. None of it was secured, the whole harness just lifted off over the top of the seat.

Yikes - but what I mean is, does he now have a criminal record? Or is it a civil case? (there are only two types right?)

In theory any conviction in court of a criminal offence gives you a criminal record. Motoring offences are dealt with under criminal law.

BUT

There is a list of what are called recordable offences which must be listed against your name on the Police National Computer (PNC). That is what is meant by the phrase having a criminal record.
Most motoring offences are not recordable but get put on the PNC so that officers who do roadside stops can find out if you have done anything similar before.

At this point it gets outside the things I deal with and I get more confused than usual.

Back