Technical Timing Up A 1.6 16v Stilo ??help Anyone

Currently reading:
Technical Timing Up A 1.6 16v Stilo ??help Anyone

From memory, as it's 10 years since I last did a 1.8 Stilo, there are no marks on the cam gears, but there is something for the crank. The recommended method is to use 'cam' locks. However when I did mine I marked the cams and crank as the engine was running fine, and simply ensured that the new belt matched the existing (my) marks.

Usually the inlet cam will spin 90deg as soon as the belt tension is relieved, so it needs holding in place while the new belt is fitted. In reality it's not a difficult job to do, and access is the biggest problem. But, if you're not mechanically that savvy, it could go very wrong.

Are there any 'YouTube's' for using the kit ?

Cheers Max, yes I have the 'Dark Green' Cam locks its all done now Thank you though for your input. My situation is I was'nt changing the belt, I bought the car with a broken belt. So had to spend NZ $360 on 8 new Exhaust valves as they had been bent. So, its all timed now just have to get 'Oil Pressure' Have to find some way of getting the oil pump to suck the oil up. So, My next job is to pull off the oil pump give it a check & Clean.I can't risk turning over the engine anymore on the strater or will cause damage. At 69 I am too bloody old for all this complex thinking stuff. The older we get the less we seem to want to think. Me anyway. I am too busy writing songs and recording them anyway. I enjoy that much more than cars now. All cars are for me is a little extra money now being on a pension. oh Well! It has to be done so onwards and upwards.

Back