Technical Timing lock help

Currently reading:
Technical Timing lock help

gr0mit

Hi all
Fiat Fiorino van 2008
1.3 diesel multijet
Have started changing timing chain and need to lock camshaft. Purchased timing lock kit about 2 years ago. So now I need it, i find it does not quite do the job.
First dia was too thick ,but only by a miniscule amount. So small in fact I ground if off with emery cloth in seconds.
It is however too long because no play in it when threads just start.
What I need to know is ...has anybody got locks as shown in photos below. I can make it easily fit if I know what size it should be.
1 What is the length of silver part of the pin
2 what is dimension a cross flats
3 what is pin diameter .
Many thanks for any help or advice
gromit
IMG_20240606_183854_1~2.jpg
IMG_20240606_183847_1~3.jpg

Hi all
Fiat Fiorino van 2008
1.3 diesel multijet
Have started changing timing chain and need to lock camshaft. Purchased timing lock kit about 2 years ago. So now I need it, i find it does not quite do the job.
First dia was too thick ,but only by a miniscule amount. So small in fact I ground if off with emery cloth in seconds.
It is however too long because no play in it when threads just start.
What I need to know is ...has anybody got locks as shown in photos below. I can make it easily fit if I know what size it should be.
1 What is the length of silver part of the pin
2 what is dimension a cross flats
3 what is pin diameter .
Many thanks for any help or advice
gromit
View attachment 446122View attachment 446123
If your kit is similar to mine which I used on a 2006 1.3 Grande Punto Multijet then I have these measurements, length as photo 27.5 mm, across flats 10, and shaft diameter 13mm. I see mine doesn't have the springs like yours, however it worked fine but I did have to rock the individual sprockets and flywheel etc. to line up.
Don't forget crank pulley bolt anticlock to tighten and correct torque etc.

Attachments

• DSCF1410.JPG
    DSCF1410.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1411.JPG
    DSCF1411.JPG
    436.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1413.JPG
    DSCF1413.JPG
    440.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF1414.JPG
    DSCF1414.JPG
    427 KB · Views: 39
BIG BIG THANKS
Bugsymike
That will help tremendously i have managed to screw it in ,,,just,,, .Only when flat is lined up to slot .I will now cut the length of the flat . I think I am correct in saying that the slot is shallow . Once again big thanks.
Let you know outcome.
Am doing van in between running round on other stuff. May be a while before I get back to you.

Back