General Locking problems front doors

Currently reading:
General Locking problems front doors

Paul gas

Hi. I’m new to this forum.I have a problem with my van not locking the the two front doors either with fob or manual locking with the key in lock. Strange thing is it does lock the back door of the van with fob.can anyone help.
van is Fiat Fiorino 2014
Thanks in advance Paul.

Hi. I’m new to this forum.I have a problem with my van not locking the the two front doors either with fob or manual locking with the key in lock. Strange thing is it does lock the back door of the van with fob.can anyone help.
van is Fiat Fiorino 2014
Thanks in advance Paul.
Any chance it thinks a door is not shut, either because of a faulty lock at one of the doors or maybe the wiring at the door hinge area?
Does it try to lock, as in, can you hear it?
You can try with doors open by manually locking all the catches all the way (to their second position) using a screwdriver, then seeing if the locks operate using fob and key.
The hinge wiring if at fault it may show up by moving the drivers door when trying to lock it with fob, still with door catches in locked position. This test showed on my Fiat Doblo electric windows fault, switches worked when door partly open.
Do not forget to totally release locks before slamming the doors or you damage the locks.:(

Hi, Thanks for your response. The van does try to lock. I can hear two distinct clicks. One to lock and the second to open again. The van locks sitting in it when door latch is used. I’ll try the screw driver test and see what happens.
Thanks for your reply.

Back