General Thread titles

Currently reading:
General Thread titles

Just a quick general note to no-one in particular - please take this as guidance-only and not a criticism :)

You may have noticed that I've taken the liberty of editing the occasional thread title, usually to better-summarise the content of the thread. I suppose it's just a personal quirk of mine that I occasionally let out :eek:

With the three sub-forums now merged, I'm concerned that some threads may 'drown' (disappear off the first page) without getting answers - especially if the thread title doesn't summarise the thread. Let's face it - lots of members won't have time to click and read every thread to find out what it's about.

And not all members know about every Uno model - I certainly don't.

To increase the chance of getting responses, why not 'sell' your thread with a snappily-worded title? ;)

E.g. instead of
doesn't start

try
Mk1 Uno Turbo doesn't start when hot, tried a few things already!

(This is only a fictitious example and any resemblance to actual events is conincidental, etc.)

Anyway, just an idea. Most threads are pretty clear already, so it's more about maintaining the standard. Comments welcome - here or by PM if you prefer.

Thanks!
-Alex

Last edited:
Makes a lot more sense, Alex.... Can't people maybe also consider using the engine capacity term instead of the actual MK1/11/SX70/SX60 model names; a few of us outside the UK are not too familiar with these "model names"

Ta

Back