General The MK1 Uno sleeper thread

Currently reading:
General The MK1 Uno sleeper thread

That is a kool dash, its similar to my old Senators. I`ve got Digi dashes on my Tempra & 2 of my Jags, maybe I should have a go at retrofitting one on my Uno too! Anyone fitted a Mk1 Digidash on a FIRE Mk2 before?

Did you put a proper halogen bulb in the fibre optic unit Louie? Has anyone tried an LED in it? It might work better (as they are narrow focus), even if they arent as powerful. I cant predict that one...:confused:

This it the other vid I shot earlier when checking that the boost gauge works

YouTube - Uno Turbo Digital Dash 2

Attachments

• senny dash.jpg
    senny dash.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 99
Yes it was, I`ve had quite alot of Senators & 6 cylinder Carltons (including a 3.0 CDX 12v manual estate, 1 of 27 built for the police that could comfortably do over 160mph), & most of them were 200-400,000 milers (all with original engines, boxes & axles).

Mechanically the straight 6 engine is bombproof, much stronger than the later Omega`s V6, but they suffer from rust, like the Uno the vast majority have died of corrosion & like the Uno they are also really great cars.

I`d be lazy with a complete underside to strip! makes you wish you had a car body roller...

Is that the real millage??

Been a bit lazy of late..

Kind of putting off the graft...

I hate removing underseal but needs to be done :pale:

Attachments

• Superbee%20.jpg
    Superbee%20.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 90
Looks great, no rust :)

What did you use to get the original overpainted anti-stone-chip coating off?

-Alex
Thanks Alex, I wish it were true! There is a little rust in the seam and sills ;). Rear turrets need doing (again).

I've been using heat gun and glass scrapper to get the bulk off, then wire brush drill bit for the remainder.

Don't think I can afford a car body roller :yum:.

that one isn't the same if you look at it, LB's has more bits on it. I wasn't aware there was a non turbo digi dash :confused: which that appears to be but then i'm not up on Uno's at all. Just been looking round this section for sleeper uno's, i might just get myself an uno at some point.

Louie mate, just read the whole thread and i'm really impressed with it so far but c'mon dude, 2 weeks since the last update. Get cracking, i'm hooked now and need my Uno fix!!

that one isn't the same if you look at it, LB's has more bits on it. I wasn't aware there was a non turbo digi dash :confused: which that appears to be but then i'm not up on Uno's at all. Just been looking round this section for sleeper uno's, i might just get myself an uno at some point.

Yes, very interesting, doesn't have the oil pressure/oil temperature or boost gauges. I have seen that somewhere before, think it was an SX option. Chas will know...

-Alex

Yes, very interesting, doesn't have the oil pressure/oil temperature or boost gauges. I have seen that somewhere before, think it was an SX option. Chas will know...

-Alex

I'm certain Alex is right, it's a mk1 SX digital dashboard only available in continental Europe hence the KM's. Louie Bee has posted a picture of one all lit up and working somewhere in this section and like him I've never seen one for real :(

Shame it's in KM's otherwise I'd quite fancy a punt on it!

Last edited:
Wow, it's been a while since I passed through here - truth is after I sold my car I was too heartbroken and full of jealously (the good kind) to come back.

As you can guess the itch has returned and must be scratched :slayer:I am on the hunt for a standard turbo and will definitely start posting more often.

Back on topic (y) your car is the exact reason to avoid this site - for some strange reason I now feel the urge to rent a garage and quit my job so I can start a resto thread. Damn you :)

Back