Technical (repeat from Fiorino thread)Fiorino 1.7d (1992) Gearbox oil

Currently reading:
Technical (repeat from Fiorino thread)Fiorino 1.7d (1992) Gearbox oil

Hi all (sorry for the repeat but someone in this section may know the answer but doesn't look at fiorino section)
Looking for advice I am changing the gearbox on my fiorino 1.7d (which I am happy with doing) my problem is what oil to fill the gearbox with?
I know its 80w/90 but its the API bit I am not sure on the attached pics show:
Punto mk1 (close relative) and it API GL4
Uno Gearbox C501 5.10 (not mine but same user manual) API GL5
Uno Gearbox C513 5.13 (mine but doesn't show an API)
I think its the GL5 but have read on google that its not good for synchromesh rings anyone know the actual answer?
Thanks

Attachments

• punto mk1.png
    punto mk1.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Uno1.png
    Uno1.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Uno2.png
    Uno2.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi all (sorry for the repeat but someone in this section may know the answer but doesn't look at fiorino section)
Looking for advice I am changing the gearbox on my fiorino 1.7d (which I am happy with doing) my problem is what oil to fill the gearbox with?
I know its 80w/90 but its the API bit I am not sure on the attached pics show:
Punto mk1 (close relative) and it API GL4
Uno Gearbox C501 5.10 (not mine but same user manual) API GL5
Uno Gearbox C513 5.13 (mine but doesn't show an API)
I think its the GL5 but have read on google that its not good for synchromesh rings anyone know the actual answer?
Thanks
This is all I could find in a 1995 Autodata manual, a previous one said 3.4litres which seems a lot but didn't give spec.

Attachments

• DSCF0760.JPG
    DSCF0760.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 34

@bugsymike thanks that confirms the 80w90 but still no information on API GL number. Cheers

I did a Brief Search found GL 5,4 AND 3..!!

SEARCH on here is pretty good

Fiorinos were a rarity in the UK in that era..

But focussing the Search to relevant forum sections should find your info

Always a hope @s130 can deliver a pearl..or Two.. of wisdom with lubrication matters.

( youve tried reputable Lubrication sellers Search features...?... oil for modern twinairs leaves similar doubts..)

@bugsymike thanks that confirms the 80w90 but still no information on API GL number. Cheers

Probably because vehicle made before standard came in;) :-

API Service Category SL was first introduced in 2001 for use in gasoline engines and is not suitable for use in engines introduced after 2004. API continues to license engine oils against API SL and it is considered to be a current specification.

Back