General Thinking Of Selling :(

Currently reading:
General Thinking Of Selling :(

Ste (homz)

Evening people, i think the time has come for me to sell my 60sx on, just isnt cutting it for me anymore i want something a bit more powerful but because i love my puntos im wanting to change to a gt :) (plus im coming into a bit of money so why not?)

ideally id love to drop a gt engine into mine but thats not going to be practical :(, i want something thats going to be fun to drive like the sx is but will throw me back in my seat when i give it some (the sx doesnt do this haha) ive owned the car since february this year and have tarted it up a bit (see my pics in gallery) how much do you think i should be looking to sell it for ?, since i bought it i have put in a mp3 headunit, changed the speakers in the front dash to jbl gto's, fitted some 6x9 fusions in the back, had the bonnet and bumpers resprayed (not a mark on them at all) colour coded the mirrors. i think its a tidy little car and i love it to bits.

the car has done 74k, its a t reg , the car drives perfect , theres honestly nothing wrong with it what so ever just want something quicker.

i want to stick with mk1 as i think their the best looking ones, how much do you think i should be looking at to spend on a decent one of these, im not after a heavily modified one, all this talk of boost and alike is well over my head.

so back to the question at hand, how much do you think i should be looking to sell it for, what ever you guys think is acceptable is the price ill put it up for, im not greedy but want what its worth, ill have more than enough to fund a gt so will be a definate genuine reason for sale, just want a good home for it where it will be looked after :)

this was my first car.

thanks in advance for advice/recomendations

Last edited:
if its got 6months+ T&T on it (All people seem to care about when buying a used car(n) ), maybe £750-1000.

they are selling upto £2k on autotrader with dealers, but I doubt they'll ever sell at half that!!!

IF you want to really hedge your bets, get it in autotrader MAG for say £1100 with the words MINT or MINTAGE etc in it!!!!
also mention you belong to a car club (FF of course!) aswell, helps.

yeah ive been having a look, loads of gt's, i dont know much people on that forum though, i know a few of the regs on here also post there so if i car came up for sale from one of those id definatle give it a 2nd look,

i was thinking of putting the car up for 900-1k, ive been told by other people i should be able to get a grand for it easy enough.

still not 100% sure i want to sell it yet as i really do love it, and i keep telling myself the gt is going to cost a lot more in the long run, just fancy something different to have a play with over the coming year.

decisions desisions :bang:

your quite right i didnt and i still dont and most likely never will although when i joined here i also didnt have a car :)

ive only just started visiting those forums, if something decent comes up ill have a look.

yeah ive been having a look, loads of gt's, i dont know much people on that forum though, i know a few of the regs on here also post there so if i car came up for sale from one of those id definatle give it a 2nd look,

Well here's 3 of us from PSC right under your nose :D

i was thinking of putting the car up for 900-1k, ive been told by other people i should be able to get a grand for it easy enough.

Put it on for a little more than you are looking for, not so you can be greedy, but so you can take offers.

still not 100% sure i want to sell it yet as i really do love it, and i keep telling myself the gt is going to cost a lot more in the long run, just fancy something different to have a play with over the coming year.

You will love the new one just as much...probably more than your old one...I missed my 60SX like mad....for a while :)

Back