Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

Currently reading:
Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

Re: Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

I drove mates though a few months back, and the tight pedal box did take some getting used to again mind, so be patient with it ;)

Re: Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

jamie86 said:
The one i drove was nothing special if your going that way 106gti is better handling and much less common.......

Got to say I'm 100% with you on this one. The 106GTi is a much better car, I know that they are essentially the same but having driven both the Pug just feels the more commutative car, & much more planted on the ground & I prefer its dash layout, plus you sit very low in the 106.

If insurance is a concern, & you like the way the French cars drive, I would go out my way to track down a mint 106 Rallye MK2 group 7 (going on the money you want to spend) as its a superb car 1.6L 8V 103bhp 100lb/ft torque in only 850ish kgs makes it fun & if anything handles even better than the 106GTi as it has a diff suspension set up and is lighter, so although on paper slower 8.5 0-60 120top end, theres not a lot can keep up with a well driven Rallye cross country. Ok there are no creature comforts like lecy windows central locking but thats because it is a genuine homologation car of which only 918 1.3L mark 1's, & 800ish mark 2's were brought into the UK.

There is a school of thought that the original 1.3L is the best as it has a unique hand built engine giving 101bhp 85lbs/ft torque and red lines at 7500rpm and even lighter at 800kgs & I would agree having driven both but they are getting very hard to track down now in A+ condition. Again these easily get to 120mph+ and I had no difficulty holding off an Imprezza turbo in one a year or so back going down the A34 past Oxford. And if you read the classic car mags its one of the top 10 predictions for future classic status, & therefore will go up in value tho thats not for a few years yet :D

Another consideration would be a 306 Rallye even rarer again but low insurance over its near identical 306 S16, for my money I wouldn't touch a 206 as the driving position is all wrong and they don't handle as well as the older pugs! :)

Or a 205gti find a mint one of them.................

Or even a Delta HF Turbo maybe???

Evo...

Good post mate, a lot of sense...

Only thing with the Rallye's is if you find a mint one, you wouldn't want to be using it everyday.

James M said:
A good car, but it won't do much for his street cred.

Depends how much street cred is an issue really, I mean we own stilo's ;)
and a brava 1.2sx as well here ;) not something im worried about.

Mind you, nicko said he wasnt keen on the Xara anyway, so its a mute issue :)

Scorg said:
Depends how much street cred is an issue really, I mean we own stilo's ;)
and a brava 1.2sx as well here ;) not something im worried about.

Mind you, nicko said he wasnt keen on the Xara anyway, so its a mute issue :)

mate, YOU might drive a minicab like 5door, but I think my 3dr is well :cool:

:D

James M said:
mate, YOU might drive a minicab like 5door, but I think my 3dr is well :cool:

:D

Im mostly using the Brava, but to be honist, im pretty happy with the Stilo, even though its the 5 door

Scorg said:
Im mostly using the Brava, but to be honist, im pretty happy with the Stilo, even though its the 5 door

So which do you prefer then?

Do you use the Brava out of choice or does your lass nab the Stilo before you get the chance :D

James M said:
So which do you prefer then?

Do you use the Brava out of choice or does your lass nab the Stilo before you get the chance :D

No, its even worse, the Mother nabs the Stilo! although to be honist, she did pay for it while the Brava is all mines

Oh I see mate ;)

No way my Mam would get behind the wheel of my Stilo, the wheels wouldn't last two minutes :D

no im here sorry, just being busy in the shop, it being christmas and all,

ok i like the drive of it but it feels really dated inside compared to my punto, the engine is pretty quick and i see what you meant about the pedals, but all round i didnt really like it (n)

any other sugestions????

I think that just about sums it up, it was the boy in its day, but that was a while ago now ;)

Personally mate, I'd hang on a bit, save up and build up the old NCB :)

yeh think thats what im going to do now mate tbh, then get a bigger engine diesel, something with a turbo nad prob something fiat, someone should of slapped me for mentioning saxo, what the hell was i thinking :confused: !!!!!!!!

Have a look at the clio 172 ;)

Who said that?!

Back