Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

Currently reading:
Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

Re: Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

The one i drove was nothing special if your going that way 106gti is better handling and much less common.......

Re: Thinking of changing my car, must be alot faster than my 1.2 8v but good on insurance

You seem quite taken already by the VTR! Go drive one, if you like it then go for it. I always found Citroen aftersales was good as well. The VTR is a nice enough car, but you'll spend your entire time owning it wishing you'd got the VTS!

Don't get me wrong, they're quite nippy, but certainly won't blow much out of the water. Very similar in pace to the Mk2.5 Punto Sporting...

Might be able to pick up Xara VTR for that price as well, not as much as an in demand model and its at least a more roomy car

jamie86 said:
The one i drove was nothing special if your going that way 106gti is better handling and much less common.......

IG14 though. The same as the VTS.

Scorg said:
Might be able to pick up Xara VTR for that price as well, not as much as an in demand model and its at least a more roomy car

A good car, but it won't do much for his street cred.

NICKO_12345 said:
much insurance diffrance between vtr and vts??

VTR = 7
VTS = 14

So YES!!!

Also, as the VTR is 8v, and the VTS 16v, they reckon (I ain't driven a VTS) they don't feel all that quicker unless you are thrashing it.

VTS def feels faster than VTR every bugger i know (not literally) has a Saxo!

NICKO_12345 said:
parts n stuff cheap for them?

Yeah, sure, there are stacks about so no probs there.

BTW, don't let the BattyBoys catch you saying your car has been a waste of money ;)

NICKO_12345 said:
battyboys can say what they want tbh,

maybe its just me getting old :cry:

You'll have to let them know you're getting a Saxo :D

Did you win Shed of the Week btw?

NICKO_12345 said:
sooo the vts is out :eek:

going drive a vtr tonight, local garage has one :D

parts n stuff cheap for them?

Compared to your 1.2, a VTR will feel like a supercar!
I've got a fiver that says you're on here tomorrow saying you loved the VTR!! ;)

not last week, up for it again this week though so fingers crossed :D

lol how can my car be shed of the week, you seen some of the stuff on there????? :eek:

NICKO_12345 said:
i wear 9/10 size shoes??? this be a problem then???

I'm a 9, and I had no bother with my Saxo ;)

Back