General The worst thing about owning a Qubo...

Currently reading:
General The worst thing about owning a Qubo...

clockworks

...is keeping it clean!
I'm 6'1", and even standing on a 200mm plastic step, I can't reach the middle of the roof. The problem is the roof rails.
I need to get a taller step.

I also need to get some front mudflaps, as road dirt gets thrown up into the front door shuts, covering my nice stainless steel sill protectors.

Im sure i read on here the other day something which is so simple, but people just don't think of........why not stand on one of the tyres & hang onto the roof bars to clean the roof?

i agree the dirt is the worst thing... mudflaps would be a good idea but can we get them for the qubo?

Yes, they are available - I had them fitted to mine as part of the purchase deal - but the garage was somewhat horrified to find that they cost £20 apiece! At least they make them - Fiat-made front mudflaps never became available for our Doblo.

Brom

Fiat don't list Qubo mudflaps as an option - maybe the website is just out of date?
Any chance you could post some pics of how they fix onto the car?

The worst thing for me is the key. Several times I have found the doors unlocked and assume that it must have been due to the remote having been pressed in my pocket. I had the same problem on my Fiat Ducato which had the same design of key. Has anyone come across a sleeve that could be slid over the keys to prevent this happening?

My Citroen Relay also has a huge key but the buttons on the remote are not quite so vulnerable to accidental operation.

Worse still, is when the key fob also unwinds the windows, I now always keep the key in my hand until I am out of range, to avoid this happening.

Dont you have one of those drive in hand wash that you find in nearly every town and city they only charger a few quid.

Hi Dobbin

The key fob does unwind the windows, if you press and hold the unlock button for a couple of seconds both windows undo. A handy feature on hot days, not so handy on rainy days when you walk away from the car in the rain.

Very handy for thieves though, as you walk away all doors and windows open no effort required by thief thanks to the Fiat Feel Free Feature, and a free completely natural upholstery rinse afterwards weather permitting, can't be bad!

This is the reason I always keep the key fob in my hand until out of range.

Still loving my Qubo though.

(y) thank you guys as i never knew the windows opened and closed with the key fob. no problem with mine at moment. :yum: have a white trekking.:devil:

Back