General the use search or not debate

Currently reading:
General the use search or not debate

Re: would a remap be worth it on a 1.4 8v . "NEWBIE" pls help!!

firstly im debating not arguing

but its never exactly the same post is it? and certainly never exactly the same answer, and new users can contribute to new posts and the conversations are always different with different point of views.

I wouldnt watch the same programme over and over but i do watch the simpsons everyday and its not exactly the same but similar!

in that case they can search for the old thread and post in there with their new point.

problem solved.

thread closed (who was it taht once said that in a thread that wasnt a mod:ROFLMAO:)

Well you claimed everyone agreed with you which obviously isnt the case, all you can do is refer back to your forum when the majority of forums im on the same stuff is said as on here with regards to searching. Why refer to me as this forum? I dont and never have made the rules im just following them with regards to searching.

I don't even understand that.

I don't follow the GP threads but even I can probably make all the replies to a 'is a remap worth it?' thread

1. no buy faster car
2. yeah makes it more flexible
3. no invalidates warranty
4. no use a tunit box instead
5. depends if you've got £200 spare
6. depends on your age insurance etc

Plenty of good techincal details provided by tuning companies are out there already. The tuning companies won't want to write the info out again and again.

Some gave good reasons in the original thread and then you could wait for those people to counter those arguments, it's more interesting that way surely and gives the OP an idea of the relevant pros and cons. Obviously it would be inevitable that Matt would come along and say something along the lines of 'omg its a 1.4 8v buy a t-jet' again and again but that would be a small price to pay for a new thread which would contain some new and interesting ideas.

I really wish you would pack in attempting to put words in my mouth that i have never said. Because if you would pay attention to what i say you would realise i wouldnt say just that i would give the positives and negatives of both options so really stop being a grade A prick on such a pathetic matter. You say you dont want to get into a petty argument so what exactly was the point of that post?

in that case they can search for the old thread and post in there with their new point.

problem solved.

This has been mentioned before and again quashed because I said it was obvious that resurrected threads from back in '06 would result in a different type of flaming all together for a newbie. Read back, I was agreed with.

This has been mentioned before and again quashed because I said it was obvious that resurrected threads from back in '06 would result in a different type of flaming all together for a newbie. Read back, I was agreed with.

not if the person was adding to the thread
if they(in this case) searched for a remap thread.what would they be adding to that thread given they most likely found their required info?

b0ll0cks i ressurect many old threads.

as long as you put:

"I know this is an old thread but i want to know...."

rather than:

"ive got a set of wheels for sale if you are interested" (when the thread is 3 years old)

b0ll0cks i ressurect many old threads.

as long as you put:

"I know this is an old thread but i want to know...."

rather than:

"ive got a set of wheels for sale if you are interested" (when the thread is 3 years old)

So going by that logic we should resserect my old Vinyl thread with 200+ replies to ask one question?

Nope, don't see why this is a good idea, sorry.

Yes that should be done. Makes it easier for people to search then doesnt it because all the questions are in one place.

wrong. "live answers" are much better than scrolling through 89+ pages of mostly ****e and offtopic nonsence

No its not wrong, its my opinion, opinions arent wrong. Id prefer to trawl through 89 pages to get the answer i want to look through 89 threads asking the same question with the same answer repeated over and over again.

I cant keep up with all this debate.... I think Ben needs to add a link, called the DEBATE THREAD and place all the arguments in one place rather that the thread, so people can actually get what they want and not looking at aload of people arguing....pointlessly!

Id prefer to trawl through 89 pages to get the answer i want to look through 89 threads asking the same question with the same answer repeated over and over again.

This is why you have a reputation on this forum for talking crap. :bang:

I cant keep up with all this debate.... I think Ben needs to add a link, called the DEBATE THREAD and place all the arguments in one place rather that the thread, so people can actually get what they want and not looking at aload of people arguing....pointlessly!

they would only find it if the searched

The thread is entitled search or not debate thread. so people should know whats inside?.:confused:

Back