the term "valver"

Currently reading:
the term "valver"

charlieboy

when refering to cars what does "valver" mean, me confused. a mate went round rockingham in a "valver" as he said. car was a williams clio :confused:

clear me up lol

charlie

Helz is probably right. I suspect it is Chav speak for a '16 valve' version of a particular car model.

Then again, a 1.0 Nissan Micra has a 16 valve engine :p

I'll stick with my FIRE 8v (y)

Charlieboy, you should be ashamed of yourself for hanging round with a Renault owner! :D

I notice Vaux-shed owners use the term a lot, which explains the link with chavs really!

EDIT - I rather like the more refined Italian terminology of sedicivalvole though :)

wozza

Was it a williams or the 1.8 16v clio? There both rather similar cars just a few differences but a lot of people stick a 2.0 willy bottom end on the valver engine. exterior wise theres not "that" much difference either. mainly cause the williams is based on the 16v which is usually referred to as a valver. Just a nickname not really a chav thing.

Just odd if its a williams to be called a valver. valvers are usually the 1.8 16v basically just a nickname rather than saying 1.8 16v clio valver is easier

Like imprezas get the scooby nickname.

arc

this is where i stand
awww, i thought it might be as simple as that. was holding out for a funny story or summit though.

Seraph

Orka inte
I think valver actually refers to an engine with a valve conversion.. iirc.

the valver kit increases the number of valves on your engines....

with reference to the williams clio... that's a 1.8 16v with a long crank... not sure where "valver" comes into it though

wozza

its just a nickname. The williams is usually called a willy the rest are just your normal rsi rt etc. the 1.8 16v just got valver for a nickname.

custard

Helz said:
I notice Vaux-shed owners use the term a lot, which explains the link with chavs really!

EDIT - I rather like the more refined Italian terminology of sedicivalvole though :)
your gonna ger it from a certain VXR owner :rolleyes: :p

PNL

Banned
Helz said:

Hey Helz bet you cant say that one backwards :p :D

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
I prefer Sedicivalvole too...

but 'sixteenvalve' doesnt have the same ring as English isnt as beautiful as Italian.

Alex22

yea say "sedicivalvole" to a chav and he'd prolly punch you in the face... also he'd ask what the **** is written on the back of your tipo

"it means the same as that "16v" sticker you got from hellfrauds fella" :rolleyes:

sorry slight rant over

Seraph

Orka inte
I would think that Mitsubishi [i assume we're talking evo's here] are far from Rice.

Rice is like putting a spyder sticker on a hardtop saloon...

rice is not buying a 25k+ car, as that is a piece of performance car.

Badger_Benji

If they come from the land of the rising sun, thats a rice mobile.

On the subject of evo's my mate just got his back from some crazy tuning place, 500+bhp its a beauty, but he is now very poor, but happy.