IMGP0783.JPG

Grande Punto The story now, and as it continues

Introduction

EDIT Adding this photo from 4/5/2013, and removing all other pics from this first post to remove the 'ugly' ones of my car from its thumbnail ;) Haha. I'll repost this "1st" post later on :)

IMGP0783.JPG

IMGP0829.JPG

1st Photo courtesy of benny279. Cheers pal!

EDIT 2: Decided not to repost, did do, but it looked odd. So plain deleted. Old naff standard 1.4 GP Sound on steel trims anyway ;) Not missing much, but the progression can still be seen.
I'm ready to set my aquarium up but I need a stand, can't seem to find anything strong enough to hold the tank, any recommendations

Always! Had i not seen the cash being transferred over at Mitcar and the spoiler being handed over, i might have got over it by now! Clearly not!

I would have liked to have seen it on an 1.3 MJet. I meant to say, I prefer what youve dont to your induction to what my mate with the blue GP has.

Tom

I'm ready to set my aquarium up but I need a stand, can't seem to find anything strong enough to hold the tank, any recommendations

Old english Oak. I purchased a 4ft Oak cabinet from a chap in Solihull for £60 last year. Robust as hell, definitely won't be going anywhere.

a large person on all fours? :D
a large wooden chest? cheap antique or ikea? haha (y)

Lol, never suggest ANTHING Ikea for aquarium use. Do you have any idea how much aquariums weight as just the glass itself, then take into account the weight of water, and decor ect. No, has to be thought through seriously.

Shame, I got a 3ft Stand spare... In Scotland though haha!
I keep Plecos! Got a breeding group of 7 x L260 Queen Arabesques! :D
I love fish, but not as much as my car... :)

Awesome. I'dlove to breed plec's, but i just haven't got the space. I'm far to hooked into my South/Central American Cichlids. I am fanatical about fish, and even more so about Jack Dempseys (my passion in aquatics). You on any fish forums? I was a member of TropicalFishForums.net, untill recently (long story). I'm now on aqcenter.net.

wisey, think about what letters its actually blanked out, thats what its picking up, i am surprised it has though as there are letter pre & post said letters.

I understand why it is blanked. But concidering scunthorpe contains far worse a word than salt_water does haha. Follow...

Lol, never suggest ANTHING Ikea for aquarium use. Do you have any idea how much aquariums weight as just the glass itself, then take into account the weight of water, and decor ect. No, has to be thought through seriously.

I can tell you now my sisters got a 3x2x2ft tank on an ikea chest of draws right now, I understand the concern but its not a cheap one and built sturdily. If all else fails you could always build a reinforced work bench sorta thing, maybe cheaper and can make it how you want. (y)

Teeny tiny update. New forum stickers applied to my car, in place of those old silver ones i had simply because i couldn't ever get white ones :bang:

But i have new ones now, in white. So i'm happy! Love them too :slayer:

Oooosh! Ahhhh

I'm thinking its time to wind up tempz, and tease ysidfa on this mornings labours....

Old sealant removed via heat gun and the blunt end of an old spoon :p

Really did go at it hard, and unrelenting and without hesitation :slayer:

All sanded down with 400 and 800 paper, with the girlfriends power sander he leant me. Awesome kit, got to get me one at some point.

I'm afraid thats all for the time being, as my primer/paint is being delivered on tuesday (hopefully). I have 2 cans of grey primer, 2 cans of matt black, and 1 can of red (need to find the red one). Going for the two tone black/red. Black being on top, red being on the underside by the 3rd brake light. Going to look schweet :yum:

So excited :bang:

The company i've ordered my paints from have emailed me with some 'reds' they have, that they will do me a deal on and include in my other delivery that is due for collection tommorow morning. I've wittled it down to one of two colours. Apologies i have no way of linking you to these images they sent me, however if you google image them it comes up with the same thing (i've tested). So the two colours i can't decide between for the 'red' to use are as follows, bearing in mind i have Team Dynamics Monza Redline alloys ;)

Ford Venetian Red
VW Audi Laser Red

(think i'm swaying venetian red?)

Please, please and please....could someone anyone help me decide. The woman has gone out at the mo, but said she will be home about 6ish, so that gives me about an hour and a half to decide :)

Cheers,
James

You being awkward? lol.

I needed to order one, so that they all come together, so going with Ford Venetian Red, as it's not so bright and vibrant. Nobody replied in time either :( Lol

I'm thinking its time to wind up tempz, and tease ysidfa on this mornings labours....

Old sealant removed via heat gun and the blunt end of an old spoon :p

Really did go at it hard, and unrelenting and without hesitation :slayer:

All sanded down with 400 and 800 paper, with the girlfriends power sander he leant me. Awesome kit, got to get me one at some point.

I'm afraid thats all for the time being, as my primer/paint is being delivered on tuesday (hopefully). I have 2 cans of grey primer, 2 cans of matt black, and 1 can of red (need to find the red one). Going for the two tone black/red. Black being on top, red being on the underside by the 3rd brake light. Going to look schweet :yum:

So excited :bang:

First of all "with the girlfriends power sander he leant me" :p
And what are your plans for spraying? Dont forget after you have applied primer you need to wet sand the whole thing to get it as smooth as possible and to get rid of the scratch marks before you spray any colour
Was the 400 and 800 grit sandpaper wet and dry?

Yeah, hmmm :/ Got ahead of myself before typing that bit out :p The future father-in-law leant me his power sander :) Better, much so :D

And yes, the 400 and 800 were wet/dry paper. Once primed i have 1200 and 1500 wet/dry to smooth off the primer. Then i shall commence spraying the top half matt black, and the underside 'venetian red' (see how that goes).

I need to slow down typing, i get way to excited and just speed bash the keyboard through the notions :bang: Haha.

Whilst your floating about tempz. How do you actually remove the whing mirror covers? When my paints arrive tuesday, i'm going to do the whing mirrors red at the same time...if i can get them off.

I know you said to be careful, but i can't see any obvious point to being prizing it off. I'm expecting them to just 'pop' off once started, and half expecting them to drop to the floor (won't let it happen!)

Whilst your floating about @tempz. How do you actually remove the whing mirror covers? When my paints arrive tuesday, i'm going to do the whing mirrors red at the same time...if i can get them off.

I know you said to be careful, but i can't see any obvious point to being prizing it off. I'm expecting them to just 'pop' off once started, and half expecting them to drop to the floor (won't let it happen!)

face towards the back of the car, grab the buldge near the car and rotate as you pull towards you, they should just clip off, I broke a clip on mine when i took mine off but it hasnt made a difference at all..

Tom

Back