IMGP0783.JPG

Grande Punto The story now, and as it continues

Introduction

EDIT Adding this photo from 4/5/2013, and removing all other pics from this first post to remove the 'ugly' ones of my car from its thumbnail ;) Haha. I'll repost this "1st" post later on :)

IMGP0783.JPG

IMGP0829.JPG

1st Photo courtesy of benny279. Cheers pal!

EDIT 2: Decided not to repost, did do, but it looked odd. So plain deleted. Old naff standard 1.4 GP Sound on steel trims anyway ;) Not missing much, but the progression can still be seen.
horizontal 100% for me, more so on the bottom one if you ever touch it. my grille is held on by one clip on the side only and holds very well.

To be honest, dont worry about breaking it, it holds tightly without hardly any clips.

The way i do it, hands at each side of grille and pull upwards and out.

horizontal 100% for me, more so on the bottom one if you ever touch it. my grille is held on by one clip on the side only and holds very well.

To be honest, dont worry about breaking it, it holds tightly without hardly any clips.

The way i do it, hands at each side of grille and pull upwards and out.

Just been out there 10 minutes tugging and grunting, much to my brothers amusement, and it won't budge. All i succeeded in doing was get my finger tips all black.

Absolutely no movement, it was bending in and out with the entire plastic front bumper. Tried popping the bonnet to peer inside but can't access anything from bonnet side.

Will go back out and have another attempt with the up and out method :p

Nope, i'm putting soooooo much effort into pulling and tugging and the entire front end is twisting in and out loads, but nothing will budge. Fingers actually hurt from trying. This is where i would normally end up breaking something, and with that being the usual outcome i don't want to over do the tugging and break something i shouldnt (ie front bumper!)

Oh my word - done it!

Absolute mammoth effort. The horizontal clips along the bottom were absolute blighters to get out as they sort of hook through a small look in the bumper. The bottom 3 clips just left of the center were the toughest. I practically had the old grill bent at a 90 degree angle and they still wouldnt unclip.

But its out, and once i've given the one S1M0 gave me a quick clean down as its a tiny bit dusty i'll have it in, and try and get a photo or two up maybe. (y)

Thanks Sam, your method sort of worked, with a bit of tweaking from an Andy Monty video :devil:

BEFORE:

AFTER

Yes, i'm going to vinyl the front inbetween, and yes i'll be doing that annoying little white pillar behind.

Now, a couple of casual shots...

Passenger rear window

Drivers rear window

Rear window

Thanks again S1M0 :worship::worship:

I actually was only planning on having them 'for show' for the time being, as i don't really fancy wiring them myself. But if its possible wiring them into where they would turn on Grande with fogs, then by all means come and do mine :D

On a side note. S1M0 - my grill arrived this morning - Thanks :slayer:

Lmao I was asking you because I haven't the foggiest (pun intended haha). Where abouts you from. We could have a meet up if you were interested in it. You could tint the fogs as well if they were just for show. Might look nice with the black and white them you have going. On a side note isn't it illegal to have fogs that don't works :/

I got confused watching my uncle wire in parts on his Triumph Dolomite Sprint haha, that was without no interior in at the time. I wouldnt know where to start wiring in fogs in a modern car with interior and plastics all in place :yuck:

I'm in the East side of Coventry, Tipton is just north of Birmingham isn't it? Well, keep your eyes peeled as i'm hoping to get a Grande Punto gathering together soon. Will be pretty good i reckon, and there are a couple of us here in the West Midlands who could get together from our area (y)

I got confused watching my uncle wire in parts on his Triumph Dolomite Sprint haha, that was without no interior in at the time. I wouldnt know where to start wiring in fogs in a modern car with interior and plastics all in place :yuck:

I'm in the East side of Coventry, Tipton is just north of Birmingham isn't it? Well, keep your eyes peeled as i'm hoping to get a Grande Punto gathering together soon. Will be pretty good i reckon, and there are a couple of us here in the West Midlands who could get together from our area (y)

Sorry for the double post but there is a pretty extensive guide on the GP section on how to fit OEM foglights :)

Im always avaliable to help out with soldering and wiring :D

Tom

I'm eyeing these up for my next paycheck (3 weeks away:bang:). Am i right in assuming there is only one fitment for these lights? Reason i ask is when searching for them on certain sites it requires you to search for different models of grande and abarth's to find the 'correct' headlight. I assumed it was just the case of buy "abarth headlights" for my GP, but its making me question if this is just the case.

FIAT GRANDE PUNTO (ABARTH) 2006-10/2008 HEADLIGHTS / HEADLAMPS BLACK INNER INCLUDING MOTOR 14 HOLE (7 PIN) PLUG 1 PAIR: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

For the sake of £150+ i'd just like to be sure, y'know...

I'm eyeing these up for my next paycheck (3 weeks away:bang:). Am i right in assuming there is only one fitment for these lights? Reason i ask is when searching for them on certain sites it requires you to search for different models of grande and abarth's to find the 'correct' headlight. I assumed it was just the case of buy "abarth headlights" for my GP, but its making me question if this is just the case.

FIAT GRANDE PUNTO (ABARTH) 2006-10/2008 HEADLIGHTS / HEADLAMPS BLACK INNER INCLUDING MOTOR 14 HOLE (7 PIN) PLUG 1 PAIR: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

For the sake of £150+ i'd just like to be sure, y'know...

There is a slight difference between Series 1 & 2 in the rear lights but nothing in the front lights I dont think. Loads of people have fitted Abarth headlights to GPs so I think you should be ok.

Not yet, lol. Really want to though! Problem is, i have too many DIY projects going at the same time, and have not enough space/time to get them all done....so the spoiler has not yet been started. Time is occupied currently with building a 3D background for one of my aquariums...its messy and time consuming. Need this out the way before i start the spoiler :p

On a plus note though, my girlfriends dad gave me EVERYTHING i need to do it all myself, except the paints (i got to go get these). But i have everything, even his power sander, and heat gun :slayer: He's picking them up from me at the end of the month, so i got to get it done before then.....so fingers crossed it will be on the car soon!

I'll get progress pics up of me f**king it up as i go along too, so don't worry ;)

Nevermind the household items needing work(This includes all females) Car needs to be a priority and i wanna see that Spoiler on that you robbed from me :p

Always! Had i not seen the cash being transferred over at Mitcar and the spoiler being handed over, i might have got over it by now! Clearly not!

:p Hehe. I could drag the spoiler out longer and rub it in more. Haha. And yes, the car is a priority...but my aquariums are my number 1 hobby, so it sneaks in above.

Sorry to go off topic mate but what do you keep in your aquariums?

I have recently got a Henkle's Leaf Tailed Gecko.

I'm an avid aquatics fan. Love tropical fish, to those not 'up' on these things, tropical freshwater fish are my interest. Tropical sal****er is not, so i don't have any 'Nemo's' and 'Dory's', before anyone asks :p

I keep three fish tanks (usually), i'm inbetween permanent residencies currently so only have the one set-up. But i have a 280L tank, 180L tank and a 70L. I keep various things, from large central american cichlids all the way down to tiny asian shrimps in my planted tanks. Passionate hobby to say the least.

The missus wants a reptile, or sorts. I think we will one day, when we have 'our' place :devil:

Anyway, thats a wholleeeee different story.

James

apparently the word salt_water is against forum rules....does that mean the 'popular' place of scunthorpe isn't allowed either?

Haha :p

EDIT: Well roll me over and tickle my belly. Scunthorpe is allowed, yet sal****er isn't. Theres one for you ben, whats with that!? Haha

Last edited:
Back