the prince and climate change

Currently reading:
the prince and climate change

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7063034.stm

very admirable...btw still got the v8 aston?
_42660875_charles_pa_gallery.jpg

and the jet?
g_royal_ze701.jpg

surely you should stick to riding your horse....
camilla-parker_190116m.jpg

we destroyed the british forests to make way for farming, industry and homes. surely we cant then tell another country that they cant do the same. how do you tell the guys in south america that they cant grow crops to feed their families because its bad for the environment. realistically thats a bloody stupid idea. to make it work you need to pay them more money than they would make chopping the forest down, and you have to constantly protect the forest, and you have to create some magic space for the rapidly growing population to live on. anyone with half a brain knows the rainforests are doomed.

of CO2 was really a problem we would be removing it from the atmosphere and storing it. until that happens on a large scale i know its just an excuse used by many people for their own gain. common sense.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you on that, jug.
I don't buy the CO2 climate change thing for a minute, I don't doubt the world is getting warmer, that can't be disputed, but I think there's maybe a larger force at work.
Didn't the earth go through an ice age thousands of years ago and then warmed up again, and before mankind, how many periods of this 'warming up' and 'cooling down' has this planet experienced?
I reckon it could be the Sun's gravitational pull varying very slightly and either pulling us in closer for a few 10s of thousands of years, or allowing us to orbit slightly further away and affecting the global temperature by a few degrees.
All I can see is there's a lot of taxes under the 'cloak' of 'global warming', and it's a nice convenient guilt trip for the powers that be to screw more money out of us.

Back