The new xbox

Currently reading:
The new xbox

Why? Its not like its technology that wasn't available at the time...
they are milking it like nintendo is milking mario!

What do you mean why? Do you mean you shouldn't draw a line?

As for milking Mario I'm not sure you understand what milking means.
It's when you keep producing stuff of degrading quality to continue making money. as it stands with Galaxy 2 the quality is still there if not higher which means they are doing the exact opposite of milking Mario. ;)

Nintendo can though, and will continue to do so until people stop buying it. SEGA are doing the same with Sonic, there are still times when I wish SEGA were still making consoles but you'd be too young to remember the Master System and Game Gear :D

No-one complains when a new MGS, Resident Evil or Battlefield game comes out so what's wrong with Mario?

Which by definition are also touch sensitive, perhaps not quite as sensitive, but touch sensitive nonetheless.

Have a look at what touch sensitive is. Its actually rather exciting stuff.

So if i were to find one of these in the States, how difficult would it be to get it too work in the UK. I know a couple of people that have done it to the MK1.

Last edited:
What do you mean why? Do you mean you shouldn't draw a line?

As for milking Mario I'm not sure you understand what milking means.
It's when you keep producing stuff of degrading quality to continue making money. as it stands with Galaxy 2 the quality is still there if not higher which means they are doing the exact opposite of milking Mario. ;)
Yeah, why should a line be drawn? As said earlier, it's everything that the xbox should have been introduced with.

And I do understand the term milking, it appears you don't however. "to try and get as much as possible out of something as you can"

But regarding the console itself, it does look nice, I would have one but I have other things to spend money on, what with Uni coming ever so fast and a new hobby

Quality has nothing to do with it. At all.

Last edited:
good to see M$ going in the right direction in improving their consoles rather than sonys idea of instead starting with the best model and gradually stripping away the features. :rolleyes:

actually gradually suggests slow change, slashing would be a better word to use.

Last edited:
Yeah, why should a line be drawn? As said earlier, it's everything that the xbox should have been introduced with.

And I do understand the term milking, it appears you don't however. "to try and get as much as possible out of something as you can"

But regarding the console itself, it does look nice, I would have one but I have other things to spend money on, what with Uni coming ever so fast and a new hobby

Quality has nothing to do with it. At all.

Tbf PS3 was out 2007 and in 2009 the PS3 slim was out, if you think about development time, they started developing the slim the moment the standard PS3 hit the shops, so there was little progression in any of the technologies contained within it, so all they did was save around 75% manufacturing costs per unit over the standard PS3 and remove features while creating a very slightly smaller and much uglier unit.

360 has been out since december 2005 things have moved on since then, notably alot of stuff has got cheaper, and things like wireless and HDMI compatible tvs are now more the norm rather than the preserve of a few techy people and those with disposable income. The slim I would say is more of a response to market direction and also microsoft sorting some of the 360s' well publicised short comings at the same time. At least the new console will have a demonstrable advance over the machine it succeeds.

Seems like some console is apiring to be like the mk1 version of another console... HMMMMMMMM

Are you referring to the Playstation?

If you are then, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the PS3 the third generation of playstation, as denoted by the "3" after the "PS"?

Sony have had decades to come up with the PS3 as it is. Microsoft were new to the market of gaming consoles and as has already been mentioned technology has progressed since it was introduced in 2005. In 2005, or shall we say 2003 since thats more likely when the xbox started being developed, who was to know that Blueray would become the standard for hi-Def video disks? Who was to know that HDMI ports would become the standard for HD connections on every new television that was sold? Who was to know that most households would have a wifi connection?

Sony had two years of looking at what the Xbox could do, and had two years more than microsoft of growth in technology and comsumer understanding to get the formula that they came up with.

Compare the xbox to the PS2, since those were the two competing consoles at the time and you'll see that the Xbox was the far superior option. Since the PS3 was released Microsoft have upgraded their boxes to try and bring them into line with consumer demand.

I dont see anything wrong with that.

Why no bluray?

Cos bluray is owned by sony is it not?

exactly,plus many will already have access to a BR player
aging BR would have put the 360 on a level or higher price than the PS3
Sony found out how that higher price worked out for sales,hence the PS3 getting stripped down
they might negotiate a BR deal for the next Xbox or push on with their digital delivery model

Woah woah jimmy boy! As I said I was just chucking in my thoughts. I'm sure the ps3 was released early 2006 and not said 2007. they could have released this 'new' console easily within the past 2 years.

UK release was 23rd march 2007, America and Japan were November 2006

Last edited:
Back