The new Renault Clio looks familiar...

Currently reading:
The new Renault Clio looks familiar...

austenw90

'13 Punto MultiAir 105
On my journey home today I overtook a brand new red Clio. I was looking at it thinking that actually looks quite nice (only from the back) for a Renault and suddenly it struck me, the back end looks really similar to the later 147 but with sharper looking tail lights. It's ashame the front end and country of origin let it down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 63
It's one of those cars that looks stunning (I thought) at first sight, then begins to look familiar, and then looks too contrived and rather commonplace.

The new Captur managed to stimulate all those feelings in me on the first take, which at least saved me time in growing to dislike it ;)

Which is why Fiats, with their often apparently eccentric styling, tend to grow old very gracefully. And the pretty ones stay attractive for ever.

Character I guess you might call it :D

Oh, and when I say Fiats I include Alfas because I see them all as coming out of the same box :devil:

There's one parked around the corner from me, colour coded alloys, red dash etc

All looks a bit much.

I had to laugh the other day though, a first gen toyota auris was parked next to it,

they share exactly the same profile :p

To my eyes the back of it looks very similar to the latest Leon
seat+leon+2013+01.jpg

I've also seen the colour coded pack on the clio there's a black one with red grill trim, alloy edging, bump strips and the strip on the rear door looks pretty tidy until you see the dash. Lets just say if someone told me they'd done it themselves I wouldn't be surprised not the quality but how I'll judged it is. Then again that's how you make money on a small car these days design a half decent car and give your clients endless scope to pay you to ruin it on their behalf. Will never forget the vauxhall adam I saw with 4 black spokes and one yellow spoke per wheel.

Back