General the new free/ebay/classifieds stickys

Currently reading:
General the new free/ebay/classifieds stickys

right so you will see 3 new stickys
free stuff/ebay stuff and classifieds

this is the new format for the forum and will be coming in on most sections

free stuff:if you have any free stuff then this must be posted in the classifieds as usual
however PM me the link and i willl add that to the section sticky.

ebay stuff: post your links in the auction watch section as usual and PM me the link.
this will be added to the sticky

classifieds sticky: anything cento you have for sale then post it in the classifieds as usual.
Ben will be implementing a script so these will be added to the classifieds sticky automatically

Custard, would it not make more sense to just have the free stuff sticky?? The classifieds are already pretty good and have the model specific bit, i feel the thread is an un-needed addition.

The ebay sticky isn't such a bad idea although i think perhaps sectioning the auction-watch section might make more sense..

thoughts?

Custard, would it not make more sense to just have the free stuff sticky?? The classifieds are already pretty good and have the model specific bit, i feel the thread is an un-needed addition.

The ebay sticky isn't such a bad idea although i think perhaps sectioning the auction-watch section might make more sense..

thoughts?

this is a forum wide move by the boss (AKA Ben)
ive only posted this thread to make people aware of whats coming

people moaned they wanted classifieds in the section.this covers it
people wanted ot post free stuff in the sections.this covers it
people can miss cento stuff in AW so this covers it

right bens tweaked this and has implemented the classifieds part

Capture.JPG

Ebay is gonna be impossible as there is no way to automate it.

Free stuff is interesting .... as per the new rules, all free stuff must be put in the classifieds, so there should in theory be a way to automate it.

Possibly put a check box in the "Ad Advert" box which says "This item is free" - could then stick all of these in the box..

would it be possible to add more pre-fixes to threads in the auction, then the side bar script could scrub threads directly from the auction watch forum ?

(y)

can i suggest a pre-fix for general kind of stuff, like there are some items in there like gig tickets etc that don't fit a car pre-fix, but i think if people aren't forced to use a prefix, they won't :)

Back