The new Doblo.

Currently reading:
The new Doblo.

french bean

Bye Stilo, Hello Doblo
Having seen photos of the new Doblo I'm afraid I'm not impressed. It's a rebadged Peugeot/ Citroen which, although they may be good, leads me to think that it is not new and will loose some of the traditional Fiat characteristics. e.g. with the Doblo Mk 1, one of the ugliest cars on the market yet one of the best load luggers, interior design and an easily identifiable Italian product. The tie up with PSA and the forming of Stellantis is no doubt a good commercial decision but the watering down of the Fiat brand is not.

I dread to think what's in the pipeline for the new Punto and 500X.

Having seen photos of the new Doblo I'm afraid I'm not impressed. It's a rebadged Peugeot/ Citroen which, although they may be good, leads me to think that it is not new and will loose some of the traditional Fiat characteristics. e.g. with the Doblo Mk 1, one of the ugliest cars on the market yet one of the best load luggers, interior design and an easily identifiable Italian product. The tie up with PSA and the forming of Stellantis is no doubt a good commercial decision but the watering down of the Fiat brand is not.

I dread to think what's in the pipeline for the new Punto and 500X.
Sadly nearly all the car manufacturers are heavily into "badge engineering", they are probably trying to unload all the old PSA stuff before Fiat etc go totally electric, which in my opinion will get everyone off the road eventually. How many electric cars have you seen repaired at the side of the road by a DIY mechanic or home enthusiast car lover

Back