General The Kangaroo,the Grande Punto & the Platypus(pt2)

Currently reading:
General The Kangaroo,the Grande Punto & the Platypus(pt2)

Re: First to second gear

factory order my friend! they aint standard on the sport so would be a special build.
as for the spare, yes, i stand corrected, i have just checked the car in the showroom, it is a 15" steely, not a space saver. obviously not one i've had to swap lately! hehe
the pedal issue, i havent got a clue. my tech's couldnt get them to fit at all. they are also curved, which the pedals in the car arent. very strange really

Turbodiesel, what the hell are you waiting for? Just buy the damn thing :D

You too TroyO - iirc you're interested too?

Ok, read the service schedule and if I understand it correctly its 30 000km or 12 months, whichever comes first. In between that, the oil and oil filter should be changed at every 15 000km. Below is the chart, which is service intervals x distance (km). Can someone help me decipher that please?

Attachments

• Service interval.JPG
    Service interval.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 61

My advice, if you're still interested in getting a GP, is to wait. .

This sir, was typed by your fingers ;)

What's with the change of mind all of a sudden? I thought you'd appreciate me taking your valuable advice. No point rushing into matters like these, patience my friend...

TroyO you sound like you have similar interests to myself, feel free to join in the fun mate!

That chart has me fooled Mr Duvs, it would be nice to know what those numbers stood for :confused:

Is it the time taken to do the service? Oil Change is 0.5 hours. 30k service on a 1.4L 8V is 1.6 Hours? 60K service is 3.45 hours?

Yeah, I am not going to rush, I want to make sure I make the right decision.

Troy.

What's with the change of mind all of a sudden? I thought you'd appreciate me taking your valuable advice. No point rushing into matters like these, patience my friend...

A combination of sleep deprivation, work related stress and a bottle of champagne :p

Is it the time taken to do the service? Oil Change is 0.5 hours. 30k service on a 1.4L 8V is 1.6 Hours? 60K service is 3.45 hours?

Could be; note that every 60 interval is longer than the 30 interval. But then again if they're hours then why do they have 2.95 for example?

Could be; note that every 60 interval is longer than the 30 interval. But then again if they're hours then why do they have 2.95 for example?

I would expect longer intervals at 60k (2 Years) since they will be doing additional work over the 30k (changing brake fluid, coolant etc. They are only examples, I don't know exactly what Fiat does at each service).

I'm not totally sure they are hours, but it seems to make sense. I can only think that they come to odd values (like 2.95 hours) by adding up what it would take to do the individuals parts of the service.

Service intervals have really come a long way. My 1982 Fiat Superbrava had 6 month/5000km service intervals.

Troy.

If those numbers are indeed hours, then would it be a coincidence that oil & filter change at 0.50 x 30 000km = 15 000km?

they are indeedy hours worked.
we work on a 100 minute hour. really not sure why, that's to do with the service guys, i think it's to show productivity etc. T14086 can probably shed more light on the matter though.
as for retro fitting an arm rest, i dont know. KNowing how FIAT work it'll link in with something else, ahhhhh yes, in fact it does, it links in with electronic lumbar support! FIAT work in mysterious ways guys! haha

they are indeedy hours worked.
we work on a 100 minute hour.

0.5 is half hour
0.1 is 6 minutes

etc etc........

Right..... well I'm sure there's a reason behind that, but to the Average Joe that table probably wouldn't make much sense (especially when there's no explanation in the book), but thanks to you guys now it does. Thanks (y)

as for retro fitting an arm rest, i dont know. KNowing how FIAT work it'll link in with something else, ahhhhh yes, in fact it does, it links in with electronic lumbar support! FIAT work in mysterious ways guys! haha

Damn, and all I wanted was an arm rest. Can't they do things simply?

Troy.

you want to try selling the things!
people order a car, and Fiat been FIAT dont tell you that a certain option is linked to another option, so the car turns up and you get the invoice and it has extras. The customer doesnt want to pay for these extras and the dealer is left high and dry.
Quirky. for want of a better word! haha

Well the reason I'd want it would be so I could rest my arm someplace on my ong trips, the extra storage would be a bonus for me.

Is it at all expensive?

Back