Technical The DPF removal/EGR blanking ECu re-map

Currently reading:
Technical The DPF removal/EGR blanking ECu re-map

A lot of the Alfa boys do this. I'm dead against it. It's there to stop all the crap spewing into the air & adding to the smog layer.

If the 500 is seen as a city car, I never understood the logic of a diesel with a problematic DPF though:confused:

Hopefully, the MOT will stamp out these mods(n)

Of course one of the problems with DPF's though is that if the car is driven solely around town there is a possibility the car won't have the chance to undergo a regen. Hence one could argue that the small petrol engined cars are much better suited to city/town driving.

If you don't live near a decent stretch of dual-carriageway or a motorway, it can be difficult for a regen to happen and some cars need at least 15 minutes or so at around 3000rpm to burn off the soot etc. Sometimes, a dealer forced regen is the only answer for people with problems with their DPF. Word of warning, DPF's and the exhaust system in general can get extremely hot. Don't park on long very dry grass!

Regen is not the problem, the car has always done this without any fuss, the problem is the ERG, we are on the second replacement valve in 2 months and it still has the same fault. Fiat are not interested any more even though they supplyed the parts, saying the fault must be else where, well thanks for the help Fiat and the £95 you charged us for the diagnostic only to tell us the car is saying ERG fault. I'm all for cleaner cars but not at this cost, if I can get all the emisions crap off I will do it.

Back