General the diffrences between S SX and ELX

Currently reading:
General the diffrences between S SX and ELX

I have a mk1 60s s reg so 99 and it has PAS must have been an option but all the ones i looked at when i got mine said they had PAS

I got a 75SX 97reg, It doesn't have power steering or ABS, neither does it have the split fold seats in the back, but it does have the coloured bumpers, a rev counter, electric windows, and a manual sunroof, Im happy with it, just wish it had power steering, but I'm used to the steering now.

The paperwork says its 1998, but then wouldn't it have the power steering?, im confused.

I have a 1997 55sx punto, but with black bumpers, does that mean mine just missed the '97 facelift? :(

I have the 85sx 16 vavle punto 3 door, mine has rev counter colour coded bumpers, eletric windows, manual sunroof, power steering, front fog lights hmm ithink thats it :p. 1998 model :D 61000 miles

i have a 60s T reg, no temp gauge, ABS, PAS or colour coded bumpers, but it does have a rev counter lol...

Hi guys!
I'm new here and I've just got my punto mk2 which after reading the information provided by you guys, I'm quite sure that mine's a SX version.

Ok here's my question.
I've realised that there're 8V and 16V models and I'm not sure how to identify my vehicle.
Could you guys guide me along?:)

Another thing is that can someone tell me where to get information about the location of brake fluid tank, power steering tank, etc?
I bought this car from someone who doesn't really know anything about the car.

One more thing is that the driver's side door squeaks when I use the door.
I'm advised to change the check strap.
Do you guys have any suggestions to that?

Thanks a lot for reading and helping!
Cheers!:D

I am new here, and I am glad that I found people who love same car like me. I have ELX version, 1998. 1.7 TD, and I am woman who fall inlove in car "at first sight" and I do not know much about motors or something else, but I like to drive this car. I hope I will find help and much learn here, with you, guys...thanks :)

Just a little question lads/lasses/etc.

My old man had a Treg mk1 60sx a few years ago (still floating about south wales apparently YAY!!! I grew up in the damned thing! :D) But according to what you lads have been saying, it must have been an odd one.

It had seemingly everything on it BAR the electric sunroof and remote locking. really odd.

I bought myself a 1999 T Reg 60SX 5dr yesterday and there is something that doesnt quite add up. On all the car websites it says the 60SX has PAS however mine doesnt. I'm not sure weather it has it and its broken or it doesnt have it at all!

It still has all the other stuff. Fog lights, rev & temp gauage, front electric windows, central locking

This punto was first registered on 17/05/1999

they should have p.a.s as standerd, as faw as i know, i thought all sx's had fogs, lecky windows, sunroof,rev counter temp gauge, and after 1996 colour coding, my 96 has colour coding though, which confuses me it has an elx steering wheel also, i think the powering steering pump may have gone on yours get it checked out, hope this helped :eek:

I took it into fiat today for a P3 service and told them about the power steering. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it. I cant find where the powersteering fluid goes under the bonnet either (it didnt come with the manual)

I viewed a V Reg 60SX the other day and it had all the same stuff as mine plus the steering wheel with autio controls. Mines just a standard steering wheel, dont think its even got an airbag in it. Also i have no sunroof.

I took it into fiat today for a P3 service and told them about the power steering. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it. I cant find where the powersteering fluid goes under the bonnet either (it didnt come with the manual)

I viewed a V Reg 60SX the other day and it had all the same stuff as mine plus the steering wheel with autio controls. Mines just a standard steering wheel, dont think its even got an airbag in it. Also i have no sunroof.

Mabye yours is just an S that has been rebadged by the previous owner?

I have a 85sx 3dr, 1.2 16valve. I have, rev counter, temp gauge, fog lights, central locking, maual sunroof, electic windows, colour coded bumpers and PAS. Its a T reg

Last edited:
Ive got a mk1 punto sx60. and mine had all:
The SX added to this with:
Front fogs (the ELX did have these)
Electric windows
Central locking
Height adjustable drivers seat
Height adjustable wheel
60/ 40 split rear seat on pre-facelift models
4 speaker stereo

but no blimming power steering? Mines a 1998, and DREW's is a 1997, and his does have it? anyone help?

I have an ELX but it comes with no cool features at all... remote locking, sunroof ect. Strange

I have 1999 55 SOLE, last versions of mk1.
i have electric windov, central door, 2 airbag

and i put in my self turnzahler and temperature shower

Back