General The bloody buggars have stolen it!

Currently reading:
General The bloody buggars have stolen it!

Noticed one of the center hubs on Dad's 1000CL were missing the other day. It was the wheel in which the calliper had just been done, so we assumed that our mechanic had forgotten to put it back on. Anyway, we went and checked, and it turns out he did put it back on and some buggars have ripped it off. We could tell because the plastic was still behind the nuts:eek:. So it's been ripped off and broken so is no good to anyone.

I'm not best happy to say the last because they really finished the Panda off well! I know they're not origional Panda cap's, but what model are they off of, as I'm going to place in the classifieds as a wanted to get some more.

09062008047.jpg 09062008048.jpg

Jon.

More likely the mechanic ( or one of his Erks ) ripped it off because he did not realize it was held on by the wheel nuts.

Seen it before more than once.
Rgds.

Sorry to hear that Jon, hope you find a replacement, if not I have a set of CLX wheel trims, they could do with a re-paint but better than a kick in the teeth :)

Hiya Alan. Is that these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220239837383&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012 as I've got about 10 now, lol.

So thanks, but I'm not going to put them on dad's Panda because if they tried to take one attached to the car, then the CLX ones will just go walkies in no time:(.

More likely the mechanic ( or one of his Erks ) ripped it off because he did not realize it was held on by the wheel nuts.

Seen it before more than once.
Rgds.

Normally agree, but Malcom (a one man band) is a great guy who we've used for the Pandas for about the last 3years now. He did put it back on after doing the caliper, because when he went to take it off to subsiquently do the brake pipe, he had alot of hassle because of the way they had yanked it off. We know where it's probably happened and thats outside the corner shop dad works in (a rough area of Lowestoft) so I think I'll be fitting an alarm to the 1000CL now (the only Panda out of the 3 without one, typical).

Jon.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
OK Jon, sorry, seems your mechanic is clued up.

The half trims look like the ones found on the basic Mk2 Uno, though these are usually silver/grey in colour. Are yours also black on the back?

I have a set of four of the Uno type, let me know ( by PM ) if you would like them Jon.

I do not use this particular type of half trim. I find that dirt collects around the outer edge of the trim and rubs through the paint of the wheel rim, allowing it to start to rust at that point. Also find that, if the trim is at all loose, it will also rub through the paint on the wheel rim with the same result. Do not seem to have this problem with the other type of half trim.

Rgds.

OK Jon, sorry, seems your mechanic is clued up.

The half trims look like the ones found on the basic Mk2 Uno, though these are usually silver/grey in colour. Are yours also black on the back?

I have a set of four of the Uno type, let me know ( by PM ) if you would like them Jon.

I do not use this particular type of half trim. I find that dirt collects around the outer edge of the trim and rubs through the paint of the wheel rim, allowing it to start to rust at that point. Also find that, if the trim is at all loose, it will also rub through the paint on the wheel rim with the same result. Do not seem to have this problem with the other type of half trim.

Rgds.

Hi Pete, Not to worry. My man is clued up, but I know what you mean about the mechanics you get in places like Qwick fit, it worries me, lol.

The center hubs on the 1000CL are black on the back, and not painted black, lol.

I see what your saying about rubbing on the paint and rusting the wheel and will have a check that it's not doing that as dad only painted his wheels silver last summer, lol.

Jon.

Back