Off Topic The Aston Martin, any punto could beat

Currently reading:
Off Topic The Aston Martin, any punto could beat

Seriously?Its an upmarket small car, can't see how its silly myself. Why have a basic Aygo when you can get a sector topping IQ it comfort is something you want.

But it is only half a car!

Looks like they forgot to add the back!

I would have bought an Aygo but my left foot has no where to rest apart from the clutch pedal so I ditched the idea:(

I did look at the IQ, it just did not appeal, you have to be a pretty confident character to drive a car that :yuck:

In the end I bought a Hyundai i20 so what do I know about :cool:?

I have nothing bad to say about the i20, I just got bored at looking at acres of black and silver dash every day despite it being an 'edition'.

It remains the best specced car I ever bought though with ESP, USB port, aircon, electric everything all round disc brakes, alloys, part leather trimmed interior.

I kept it for 18 months and that is my second longest car ownership ever :p

Edit:

i20 dash is a masterpiece compared to the IQ :eek:

Attachments

• Hyundai-i20-2009-1280-39.jpg
    Hyundai-i20-2009-1280-39.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IQDASh.jpg
    IQDASh.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I learnt to drive in an i20, nice comfy car (although it was a top spec leather seat n' all that model) but pretty boring to drive, it didn't really want to rev (although it was a diesel)

Way to make me feel old, I learnt to drive in a mini metro. Though technically learnt the basics on a Massey Ferguson 135 :p

Wonder if that's why most of my cars have been red :rolleyes:

Attachments

• massey-ferguson-135-01.jpg
    massey-ferguson-135-01.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 29
Though technically learnt the basics on a Massey Ferguson 135

It was probably more advanced and luxurious than the metro

I have no problem with the IQ by all accounts its a very good car, but it is bloody ugly and being stood next to its AM counterpart it looks ten times worse.

I kinda like the baby, baby Aston the price tag is steep but what you are paying for is the refinement, and class something that the Japanese are not very good at when it comes to cars, as anyone who has ever driven a Lexus Ls400 will tell you technically very good well built they tick all the boxes for gadgets, leather, comfort etc but they some how manage to put it all together wrong so you still feel like you're driving a 1987 Toyota corolla.

Didge sometimes you need to look for the humour/irony/sarcasm in people posts because you seem to miss it at times

Back