Off Topic The Aston Martin, any punto could beat

Currently reading:
Off Topic The Aston Martin, any punto could beat

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
This was parked up today outside my house, most of my neighbours have top marquee type cars i know of at least one other Aston Martin and a Maserati GT but this one i think i could beat in a drag race (just)

8483030736_ca9de73b43_z.jpg

8481938817_6ce6ce8096_z.jpg

AstonMartin Cygnet, based on the Toyota iQ thats ironically parked next to it

1330cc Engine with 97BHP @ 6000rpm
0-62mph 11.8 seconds

I wonder what the insurance is like?

Last edited:
Sure didn't Lamborghini's loyal customers go mental when the company started making cars. You gotta make what the people wanna buy. Q has his work cut out to fit gadgets in that thing.

Didn't I read it was some crazy thing about emissions across the range? What next, a Noble deisel?

indeed the cygnet only has a CO2 output of 116g/KM which is about a third of the output of most of their V12 cars so the more they sell the more it will bring down the total CO2 output for the whole 'Aston Martin Fleet'

Didn't I read it was some crazy thing about emissions across the range? What next, a Noble deisel?

Correct

Congestion charge exempt or something as well I am sure.

I just like the fact that you can look through one wheel arch and see through to the other side of the car as there is nothing really between the two!

Not for much longer though :p

Originally they were only sold to existing owners of Aston Martins.

that was to be the original plan but they never went ahead with it so anyone could buy one from day one.

Congestion charge exempt or something as well I am sure.

Nope same category as my mk2b Punto Mutijet dynamic so not exempt

I rather like the front end -- has a sort of "look at me, just been to the dentist for new crowns!" thing going for it.

doesn't it look a lot like a new fiesta ;)

Last edited:
Now now, I was contemplating getting an iQ a few months back, 11 plate, 6k on clock, tax exempt and cost was 6500

Back