Thank you for allowing me to join

Currently reading:
Thank you for allowing me to join

StefanPD

Hey There!
I recently purchased my first Fiat, a 72 127. I have had several older cars in the past from hot rod Model As to a Sunbeam Alpine. I am looking forward to chatting with you all and learning what I can.
Thanks Again!
Stefan

Ni Stefan welcome to the forum. Post a picture when you can. Thats a bit of a landmark car the 127 and now very rare in the UK as our weather rusted most of them away.
Thank you! Pictures coming soon, I need to get a few off of my phone. After some research, I have found that this exact 127 is exceptionally rare. There are a very few here in the US as it is, I do not believe they were ever exported to the US.

Hey There!
I recently purchased my first Fiat, a 72 127. I have had several older cars in the past from hot rod Model As to a Sunbeam Alpine. I am looking forward to chatting with you all and learning what I can.
Thanks Again!
Stefan
Hey There!
Thanks Again!
Stefan
You and me both Stefan, recently reimported an original uk car, Fiat 127 Palio in blue, the exact same year, make, model and colour as my very first car aged 17 in 1986. I’m was in nostalgia overload when I viewed and couldn’t resist. My aim is to get it back to factory standard….struggling with some parts especially in the Uk any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the Welcome. It is rare indeed, had given up on ever owning one again. When it is eventually reregistered in the uk ( on original plates btw) I think it will be only the 3rd on the road with one SORN 😁👍
Hi. Any pictures? If it's a blue one, mine is no longer the only one in the village..... Mine is currently Sorn but roadworthy - all the others I've seen in the last 10 years have been the bronze ones. What are you looking for, or what information do you need? Cheers, Gavin.

Hi, sorry for delay not logged on for a while, yes it is in blue just like my very first car, restoration is underway

Attachments

• F9471C99-1B6A-4DA9-8F75-3D7DA6AF5A32.jpeg
    F9471C99-1B6A-4DA9-8F75-3D7DA6AF5A32.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 593995BF-2EF8-48C5-93FB-0BAE50F838F6.jpeg
    593995BF-2EF8-48C5-93FB-0BAE50F838F6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 18
Maybe of limited use to those needing parts in the UK (possibly more so for OP in the US?), but there were plenty of these buzzing around in South America when I was there in mid 2000's - under the guise of 147 in Brazil, and 'Spazio' in Argentina. Different engine I believe, but otherwise very similar(?).

Still working though my Fiat 127 Palio restoration and as anticipated am struggling to source parts in the UK. I can see plenty of parts at good prices on the Italian website Subito but this is for Italian market only as I understand it. Has anybody had any success in buying from this platform?

Back