General Test drove a T-jet

Currently reading:
General Test drove a T-jet

JammyJay

Hi,
I test drove a 1.4 16v T-jet today.
I currently own a 1.4 16v non turbo.
I couldnt notice any difference what so ever. Infact i thought mine pulled better in 1st and 2nd gear.
Could there be something wrong with the turbo or maybe mine has a secret turbo somewhere lol
Discuss

If it was a t jet trust me you would have noticed.... you obviously need to put ur foot down if u want to feel the turbo... it kicks in after a certain number of revs...

Its performance is quite a lot better than the normal 1.4 16v, are you sure they gave you a t jet lol?

Hi, well I've just purchased a T-Jet having had the 1.4 16v Sporting on the basis that the extra power is very noticeable, I took it on two test drives and both times the power once the turbo kicks in is great. It is 2.5 seconds quicker 0-60mph than the standard 16v so if you didn't notice any difference did you actually put your foot down and notice the turbo kick in?

i have in turn driven a starjet and it felt like someone had nicked all the torque! They are not even close to be honest. Plus once you doing 70 and you put ya foot down to overtake you will definately see the difference!

Yeah i put my foot to the floor. Was definitely a T-jet as i could hear the turbo when i revved.
My friend who was in the back who also has a 1.4 16v thought his was actually slightly faster.
Its really put me off getting one, when there was proberly just something wrong with the car

I'm the 'friend in the back' and i can definately say that the car we test drove had some serious issues with it. It was meant to be a T-Jet but it felt even more sluggish than a 1.4 16v. The brakes too were a lot worse than our 16v's .... When you consider that the T-Jet has nearly a 3rd more power than a 16v, the car had to have had problems as the difference would have had to have been noticeable.

yea i think you should test drive another one because theres definitely a big difference between the non turbo and turbo

Haha thats a good one punto_matt....NAHTTT! , were just saying that the car must have been seriously F***ed. Obviously a 30% power increase would be noticeable so what were saying is DEFINATELY try before you buy, because what may appear to be a great deal (only a grand to change from a 16v to a T-Jet) always isnt! :)

Last edited:
Yeah thats what i thought... Well this is a warning to all FF'ers, dont buy the 07 chemical grey T-jet thats for sale @ Fiat corts in Bury... It's crap! I'll have to test drive a proper T-Jet as everybody says it's much much much better, not worse :p

Back