Terrorist attack today in London

Currently reading:
Terrorist attack today in London

call me skeptical but...

The supposed attacker doesn't look like your typical Iraqi/afghan/Lebanese/Syrian and...

He's quoted as saying "I apoligise that women had to witness this today but in Our land our woman have to see the same you people will never be safe remove your governments they don't care about you" all said in a typically London accent

It was all very theatrical, crashing cars, machetes, guns and shootings, then hanging around for 20 minutes for the police to turn up

No real idea of what the purpose of the attack was meant to achieve

No confirmation of who the victim was not even confirmation if they where military or not

Clearly this was meant to be seen I suspect there is much more to this then any of us will ever know

Last edited:
Terrorists or not, 4 hard working members of society will have their tax money spend on keeping one of these murderers in jail...fed, warm & healthy.

Only 4.... and the rest surly?

I'm a bit fed up with all the assumptions people everywhere (Facebook etc) are jumping to. Let it all come out in time, don't start spreading BS.

Thoughts are with the family of the murdered person at what must currently be an unthinkably horrific time for them!

What is the difference?
2 people attacking and not just killing, but be-heading an off-duty soldier whilst chanting Islamic slogans. I honestly don't know what the answer is, but this is terrorism in my book. Extreme violence to make a point through terror.
30 years ago almost all the terrorist offences committed on Mainland UK were carried out by the IRA, and in Northern Ireland by both the Nationalists and the Protestants. Their motivation was supposedly political, but with a strong element of organised gangland warfare thrown in . They were known at the time as "Irish terrorists". Now the common link, whether people like it or not is extreme Islam, again with a strong element of organised gangland warfare thrown in. Whether these are small splinter groups or Al Quaeda, the end result is the same .
I agree in that I fervently hope that nobody innocent is killed, of any denomination, but that's just pie in the sky I'm afraid.

We have the choice not to kill innocent people :)

I still don't see it as being terrorism, if this is terrorism then so many other things could be considered terrorism. Raoul Moat, he must have been a terrorist too, serial killers too etc etc.

This was an extremist motivated attack for sure, but was it designed purely to provoke fear like the 7/7 or 9/11 attacks? Not really, if they really wanted to bring terror to the UK they would have killed people who came to help, to gawk and to look. This was a cold and calculated killing, no different to say the attacks that Dale Cregan carried out on those two women officers. Just because something causes terror doesn't necessarily mean it's terrorism.

This appears to just be two morons apparently of a particular faith who wanted to kill someone they saw as the enemy. They had ample opportunity to kill more people and didn't, not really the act of a group of terrorists IMHO.

What is the difference?
2 people attacking and not just killing, but be-heading an off-duty soldier whilst chanting Islamic slogans. I honestly don't know what the answer is, but this is terrorism in my book. Extreme violence to make a point through terror.
30 years ago almost all the terrorist offences committed on Mainland UK were carried out by the IRA, and in Northern Ireland by both the Nationalists and the Protestants. Their motivation was supposedly political, but with a strong element of organised gangland warfare thrown in . They were known at the time as "Irish terrorists". Now the common link, whether people like it or not is extreme Islam, again with a strong element of organised gangland warfare thrown in. Whether these are small splinter groups or Al Quaeda, the end result is the same .
I agree in that I fervently hope that nobody innocent is killed, of any denomination, but that's just pie in the sky I'm afraid.

Whilst there is no official statement saying a be-heading has occured (yet or if at all) A terrorist attack goes for maximum impact with greater loss of life in my opinion and be talked about worldwide for many days and have the whole world on guard, also a terrorist/extremist group would have released a statement claiming/denying responisbility by now

Barring closer to home, sadly this will all be forgotten about in the days to come

I wouldnt be suprised to see either, if not both of the perpetrators found insane or suffering with schizophrenia later down the line

Again i repeat i am not trying to defend any actions from today - i just fear that the media have whipped it up too soon without the full details and with the EDL already marching the streets, revenge attacks occur and more innocent lives are taken

Last edited:
A terrorist attack goes for maximum impact with greater loss of life in my opinion and be talked about worldwide for many days and have the whole world on guard, also a terrorist/extremist group would have released a statement claiming/denying responisbility by now

Barring closer to home, this will all be forgotten about in the days to come

I wouldnt be suprised to see either, if not both of the perpetrators found insane or suffering with schizophrenia later down the line

Again i repeat i am not trying to defend any actions from today

Agree. This isn't typical. I think this was done more for kudos than anything, hence the brazen nature of the whole thing. If this were a terrorist attack there probably would have been a secondary bomb attack done so as to kill people trying to help the unfortunate man.

call me skeptical but...

The supposed attacker doesn't look like your typical Iraqi/afghan/Lebanese/Syrian and...

No confirmation of who the victim was not even confirmation if they where military or not

Reported earlier on CNN
"As the victim -- dressed in what appeared to be a T-shirt for Help for Heroes, a charity that helps military veterans -- lay prone, one of the two attackers found a camera.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone," said a meat-cleaver-wielding man with bloody hands, speaking in what seems to be a London accent. The only reasons we killed this man ... is because Muslims are dying daily," he added, in video aired by CNN affiliate ITN. "This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth."

Then again, germain Lindsay didn't look or sound like your typical ...
But he converted to islam & was one of the scum responsible for the 2005 London bombings

Mao Tse Tung said "The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise." No s**t Sherlock, and to my mind (warped or otherwise) this is an "Extremist" attack, not a "Terrorist " attack. The difference being that if this was one of a series of bombs in, for example, discos or night clubs or on the Tube, then apart from the deaths and injuries the object of the attack would be to bring about a change in the life of the target country or an alteration of political direction.

IRA/INLA/RIRA/CIRA attacks in both Northern Ireland and the mainland had the ultimate aim of forcing the successive UK governments to hand the province over to Dublin or to give it independance.

The PLO hi-jacked aircraft belonging to European and American airlines with the intention of pressurising governments to in turn put pressure on Israel to change direction and ultimately leave the region.

Despite the political posturing on TV, this won't change anybody's mind on foreign policy. Although Al Queada (sp?) bombs changed Spanish government policy and in fact brought down the government, decades of ETA car bombs and assassinations didn't change its policy on the Basque region.

Irish Republicans didn't manage it in the UK either, nor did 9/11 and the original World Trade Centre bomb change US policy.....at least not in the way AQ wanted it to anyway.

There's no way this will stop the population from walking past the barracks nor army staff from being billeted there. Neither will it force HMG to suddenly withdraw from Afghanistan any sooner than it ultimately will. If it was terrorism, yesterday's appalling action will not cause people to cower in their houses nor cause a change in policy, so I think it was Extremism.

From what I've seen on the news it would appear to me that this was about the gesture and posturing. It looks to me as if they wanted to be killed, or Suicide by Cop if you like. Why else would you hang around and then approach a Police car with a firearm, which may, or may not have been real. It's gone slightly pear shaped for them because they seem to be still alive and assuming they stay that way, bang goes any hope of martyrdom and a shed load of virgins with it.

I'm not sure why it took the Cops 20 minutes to get there. There's not exactly a shortage of firearms officers in the Met and if one car arrived on its own it doesn't sound like a coordinated response either. Also, as Police officers are trained to shoot at the body mass, either she was a lousy shot, or a brilliant one who can wound and incapacitate two people.

I'm sure there would be difficulties, but how come a guard at the barracks didn't fire on the assailants, at least they would have become martyrs. The same thing seemed to happen at Maserine Barracks in Ulster. You can't arm off duty squaddies permanently but it seems bizarre that there've been 2 incidents right outside barracks that have resulted in the deaths of 3 soldiers without anyone attempting to protect them.

Semantics aside, if there is any terrorism subsequent to this, it may be the Muslim population that comes to be afraid if it turns out there's anyone sinister lurking behind the EDL idiots. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, we can only guess at what the family of that young man must feel with the way the incident has been played out in the media.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone," said a meat-cleaver-wielding man with bloody hands, speaking in what seems to be a London accent. The only reasons we killed this man ... is because Muslims are dying daily," he added, in video aired by CNN affiliate ITN. "This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth."

I can't find anything like this anywhere and currently non of the news outlets are reporting anything of the sort.

They like to keep saying it's 'thought to be terror related' but no one is reporting anything related to any particular group or religion

I can't find anything like this anywhere and currently non of the news outlets are reporting anything of the sort.

They like to keep saying it's 'thought to be terror related' but no one is reporting anything related to any particular group or religion

Heard it on Radio Norfolk on the way into work this morning :(

Err - yes they are. I assume you may have seen by now that the man with a meat cleaver and blood all over his hands was making statements about bombing in muslim lands etc. So yes it was religiously motivated. Motivated by radical islam.

Unfortunately these two characters, who I bet up until fairly recently were probably of no religion at all have taken on the cause with a vengeance and decided to take on somebody who looks like he is military.
Whether they are part of a wider plot or not no doubt we will soon find out, and I certainly hope not, but where did they get the idea from to attack the military on the streets in England?

What may happen here in both ways. We don't want innocent people being attacked, whoever or whatever they are. But I am afraid that as long as we keep pretending about what is happening we will not stop it. Not many years ago some people were allowed to stand on street corners with megaphones inciting racial hatred. They were not arrested and charged, merely dispersed, or even in some cases protected . This sort of nonsense is not what normal muslims are about. I have just seen a muslim guy on TV , and I absolutely agree with him, that this is not Islam, it is Islamism and there is a world of difference.
How can a guy who sounds likes he has lived all his life south of the Thames start speaking about "getting soldiers out of our muslim lands" as thougfh he is from Somalia or Pakistan? Who put those thoughts in his head? There was clearly a vacuum between his ears that somebody has filled, and we need to put a stop to this radicalisation in mosques and campuses . We still have an offence of treason in this country. We should use it.

Thanks for the replies, i've still not seen that full video but i'm sure i will in time.

I'm still very skeptical of the reasons and background to this attack, there is still much that doesn't add up.

I think blaming any particular group is completely the wrong thing to do it seems to be just two independent people acting on their own and any encouragement of 'revenge' or suggestion of taking action against any group or community is as moronic as the original attack

Thanks for the replies, i've still not seen that full video but i'm sure i will in time.

I'm still very skeptical of the reasons and background to this attack, there is still much that doesn't add up.

I think blaming any particular group is completely the wrong thing to do it seems to be just two independent people acting on their own and any encouragement of 'revenge' or suggestion of taking action against any group or community is as moronic as the original attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clandestine_cell_system

Back