Technical Tensioner bolt

Currently reading:
Technical Tensioner bolt

eurotrash12

hey there so i was changing the timing belt on my punto MK1 55 and the one bolt that holds the tensioner wheel on snaps. does anyone have a part number for this? does one come in the tensioner kit? it looks as though with a pair of vice grips i could thread the other side of the bolt out and replace it which a new one.

i will give that a try the bolt is separate from the engine block correct?

i will give that a try the bolt is separate from the engine block correct?

It's actually a stud which is screwed into the engine block, with a nut on the end.

So, if someone has used a bolt, well, expect the worst. There are some really stupid f*ckers about in Puntoland!

But it should be available as a spare part. Heat and a genuine penetrating oil (Plus Gas or GT 85) not WD40, should help it on it's way out.

it does have a part number.. its 46548456 ;)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 263
One more question i aligned the marks on the top gear but does the bottom one have them too or did i screw myself not marking the bottom

Thanks for help guys she purrs like a kitten, no more coolant leaks and she blows nice hot air into the cabin. :)

looks like it has been like this since someone changed the belt in 2008, what else should be wrong with the car with timing off?

as u can see on picture is that off too far?

that also confirmed the oil leak at camshaft oil seal

should i just loosen tensioner bolt, remove belt and turn camshaft till the markings align, or by doing this will the timing be off at the crankshaft end

Last edited:
looks like it has been like this since someone changed the belt in 2008, what else should be wrong with the car with timing off?

as u can see on picture is that off too far?

that also confirmed the oil leak at camshaft oil seal

should i just loosen tensioner bolt, remove belt and turn camshaft till the markings align, or by doing this will the timing be off at the crankshaft end

is the other end lined up? it wont stop on the mark every time you turn the engine off

Back