Technical Temperature...

Currently reading:
Technical Temperature...

kanickel

hi
i found out, that there is no sensor for temperature in the panda cross.
now i want to buy one and install it.
can somebody tell me where to place the sensor (i heard about the frint bumper) and how to bring the cable into the car?
sorry my bad english...
thank you,
nick

The best place would be on the inner surface of a non-metallic panel at the front of the car, such as the bumper. You would want the sensor to be high enough to avoid salt and dirt but relatively low still to detect a ground frost. It would also need to be well away from the radiator.
The wire to a sensor could be pushed through any wire or cable access throught the firewall and picked up behind the dashboard.
This assumes you can find a temperature guage with a sufficiently long wire. I have in the past, on my last Panda, installed a temperature guage bought from Lidl. I installed it on the lower part of the dashboard and routed it out under the door seal, attaching it to the inner panel behind the rear of the front wing. Not ideal, I know, but the wire was too short to route it any further.

Might be worth checking EPER as the Panda 100hp has one as standard and you might find it can be retrofitted. It may depend on whether the trip computer has the functionality anyway and just needs enabling, or if it enables itself when the sensor is present....

Chris

Might be worth checking EPER as the Panda 100hp has one as standard and you might find it can be retrofitted. It may depend on whether the trip computer has the functionality anyway and just needs enabling, or if it enables itself when the sensor is present....

Chris

I don't think the basic trip computer has the capability.

/I could be wrong.

thank you very much for your answers... i will buy one now and after installation i will tell you the impressions... :)
greets, nick

Back