Tech help (sorry not FIAT please dont kill me)

Currently reading:
Tech help (sorry not FIAT please dont kill me)

slugworth1987

The Ratter
Hey all

i know this isnt fiat based but i urge you to think and give me ideas

my dad has a 2005 BMW 520 D its a turbo diesel engine and wont rev above 2500rpm its been sat in the local rip off men for the last 2 weeks they have given him a spare car for now but anyway

driving down the M1 other week engine slows to 2500 rpm pulls then stops at 2500, no engine issue lights no warning codes no diagnostic errors have been found.

car has done 115k they mentioned turbo but there going to be asking over £1k (after service etc) which is alot of money now what do you guys think? these "mechanics" are cowboys and my dad doesnt listen just given the simptoms what do you rekon?

no smoke, fuel there etc etc etc (i dont have car though to help out further)

remember no warning or fault codes either ECU isnt picking anything up thats not normal(n):bang::bang::bang::bang:

cheers alot guys!!!

Hey all

i know this isnt fiat based but i urge you to think and give me ideas

Best idea is to log onto a BMW forum -- that's my best idea. They may be able to suggest a BMW independent (generally cheaper, often better, than the main dealers).

It may be that while a code read doesn't show up any errors, a code reader that can pick up errors while the car is running will show something.

In the meantime, check the vacuum (signal) hoses to the turbo for splits, cracking, listen for any peculiar noises, etc.

Turbo waste gate creapage, Collapsed CAT, Blockage in fuel filter? If engine management light is not on then it can't be a sensor.

Last edited:
Back