Technical Td100 Cooling circuit

Currently reading:
Technical Td100 Cooling circuit

Vinilshakerz

Hi, I have a marea weekend td100 and was stopped 4 year before I start using. I find the coolant hoses are full of brown water with debris and want to check the hoses since there's no water coming from the small return pipe. The water pump is new, was replaced with the timing belt and I followEd the manual steps to bleed the system, (2 points radiator, metal hose attached to cylinder head and rubber hose near thermostat) so I suspect some blockage in some hope due to the debris in cooling circuit. Unfortunately I don't am aware of all hoses around the engine, so I please ask if anyone has that kind of draw with the complete cooling circuit with arrows of the water flow. Thanks in advance

The system will be the same as the Brava / Bravo, you can look (search) in that section of the Forum for any discussions on the cooling system.

I only have experience (and documents) of the petrol engine but the system should be similar. The system is quite conventional, you should understand it easily. there are 2 small pipes that go from the rear of the engine through the bulkhead into the heater matrix (radiator) in the left of the cabin. These pipes each have a small valve you open when you bleed the system.

You should change the old coolant in the system several times with clean water and run the engine hot, you should add a chemical solution to dissolve the rust and residues inside the engine, radiator and pipes.

Hi, I have a marea weekend td100 and was stopped 4 year before I start using. I find the coolant hoses are full of brown water with debris and want to check the hoses since there's no water coming from the small return pipe. The water pump is new, was replaced with the timing belt and I followEd the manual steps to bleed the system, (2 points radiator, metal hose attached to cylinder head and rubber hose near thermostat) so I suspect some blockage in some hope due to the debris in cooling circuit. Unfortunately I don't am aware of all hoses around the engine, so I please ask if anyone has that kind of draw with the complete cooling circuit with arrows of the water flow. Thanks in advance

Hi. Can you use a pressure hose to backflus
H certain parts of the cooling system

Hey Varesycrazy,

Could i do that with my stilo?

I want to dump my coolant and flush it before refilling it... this would be safer than running it up to temp.

Was thinking i could pull the thermostat so its an open circuit (think it already is stuck open anyhow) then use pressure washer or compressor to pump water around the system until it runs clean... then put in the paraflu (3.5ltr to 3.5ltr water boiled water).

Would that be safe?

Hey Varesycrazy,

Could i do that with my stilo?

Was thinking i could pull the thermostat so its an open circuit (think it already is stuck open anyhow) then use pressure washer or compressor to pump water around the system until it runs clean... then put in the paraflu (3.5ltr to 3.5ltr water boiled water).

Would that be safe?

hi,
I would bypass the stat.. remove hoses either side of it and link them if required.

I appreciate your safety concerns..
but personally I do like with an oil change.. check all relevant parts will come undone readily - heat to normal temp, then give it 15 mins of standing , then CAREFULLY - with protective clothing,etc,
dump the coolant / water into a catch tray.

as long as you are leaving an open hose somewhere.. then you cannot overpressurise the system.

biggest risk is dislodging a product / debris..that is plugging a leaky rad. or matrix..

Back