Styling Tail pipe advice

Currently reading:
Styling Tail pipe advice

Just a thought Boz how do you propose to fit this new tailpipe cos if I'm remembering correctly the limp dick isnt that big so if you cut it back to the straight part of it there wont be enough left to fit the new one on unless of course its welded on :)

PNL said:
Just a thought Boz how do you propose to fit this new tailpipe cos if I'm remembering correctly the limp dick isnt that big so if you cut it back to the straight part of it there wont be enough left to fit the new one on unless of course its welded on :)

Sorry Phil, I didn't explain it very well. I would have to replace that big box thing at the back (back box?) completely. It has to be small though, not big tube thingy.

The cheapest option is to have one made Boz :) the ones that are already available will cost you an arm and a leg :D as you are aware I have the powerflow cat back system fitted to my stilo have you considered have a back box made by them :)

I wouldnt recomend a universal one tho boz you will no doubt have aggro fitting it just to give you some Ideas my system cost me £270 from cat to tail pipe a supersprint back box is around £278 and when I was looking for mine I came across a company called Quick silver exhaust systems and they wanted £360 + vat for the back box alone but then £480 + vat for the cat back system which I thought rather strange :)

bozzy said:
Can anybody point me to a supplier of tail pipes for a JTD? Must be a single pipe and no bigger than the standard limp dick one. Nothing flash, just better than what I got.

i've been looking for ages for a tail pipe to fit over the stilo thing........still looking! the car might be gone before i ever find one

not the best pic but this is what i have on my jtd.

DSC000562.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

if the splitter wasnt on you would see it sits just below the bumper. iirc it is 2" bore to stop any back pressure issues. it is a custom made powerflow from hawley's tyres in sheffield and cost me around £230.00 there was a choice of tips with varying shapes. i got it mainly for better airflow and looks but the sound it makes has been commented on in a positive way. i know it isnt sat right atm but thats not due to the backbox.

anyway just a thought for you, and it does work out cheaper (y)

Last edited:
bozzy said:
Can anybody point me to a supplier of tail pipes for a JTD? Must be a single pipe and no bigger than the standard limp dick one. Nothing flash, just better than what I got.

Just to BUMP this thread up guys and gals :D

Bozzy my little yellow friend Bob[betty on weekends] in disguise has a back box for sale I dont know if it will fit your JTD [if the bore size of the pipe is the same]but ask him you have nothing to lose (y) your car and exhaust will then be Vroom Vroom :D

Back