General T-jet or Multijet?

Currently reading:
General T-jet or Multijet?

Depends on how many miles you do really, i have a 45 mile round trip to work in my T-jet which is around the upper limit for a petrol IMO, although a petrol will always be better to drive.

I wouldnt go near a 1.7cdti Corsa, they have an unreliable isuzu engine with the same fragile gearbox as the Mjet

I travel to college and work which is about 6 miles there and back for each. Otherwise I just go out and about so no major driving

I travel to college and work which is about 6 miles there and back for each. Otherwise I just go out and about so no major driving

Then a diesel would be pointless for you, just make sure you pick a good t-jet as there are plenty for sale usually.

I wouldnt personally buy a car already modded unless it was from someone i knew as i would want to know nothing had been bodged

Then a diesel would be pointless for you, just make sure you pick a good t-jet as there are plenty for sale usually.

I wouldnt personally buy a car already modded unless it was from someone i knew as i would want to know nothing had been bodged

That's another thing that worries me..

Try and find yourself a un-modded t-jet mate. Then if u want to change things u can to your liking

Also the exhaust pops when you change gear, is that a sign that's its a decat?

Mine does this and i've still got the standard cat and centre box, just a different back box and i know for a fact cat backs pop and bang all the time when changing gear! Get a t-jet you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
Unfortunately they're a little bit out of my price range and my insurance is near 2k on a abarth! Where as it's £900 for a T-jet and I'm 19! Not bad aye?

But will it still be £900 if the car is modified?

On the subject of modifications, personally I'd buy a standard car as it is less likely to have been thrashed but at least the mods on the one you posted look quite subtle. It also looks like its been well looked after (but photos can hide a lot). I'd look at the service history etc for clues as to how much money has been spent maintaining it. For example, has the cam belt been done? If so was the water pump done at the same time.

The m jet will be faster than a t jet and better mpg and more fun the torque is awsome when they are remapped lots if power for what they are turns a lot of heads

The m jet will be faster than a t jet and better mpg and more fun the torque is awsome when they are remapped lots if power for what they are turns a lot of heads

A T-jet is faster unless the mjet is remapped.

Diesels suffer from narrow power bands so id disagree it would be more fun, unless you like spinning your front wheels.

Power isnt everything, id rather have less power which is more usuable and a better handling chassis due to less weight over the driven axle.

I've driven a t jet they just boost and then that's it no real sensation the turbo must be like the size if a coke can because I can't feel anything and mine doesn't spin too much grips well round the corners tbh mate

I've driven a t jet they just boost and then that's it no real sensation the turbo must be like the size if a coke can because I can't feel anything and mine doesn't spin too much grips well round the corners tbh mate

But yours is noisy, smelly, heavy and gives people cancer.

Back