General T-jet or Multijet?

Currently reading:
General T-jet or Multijet?

Been looking at a T-jet and have liked them for a while. But I've also seen a M-jet and the gains they can get from the right mods.

Help! I don't know what to do haha!

Been looking at a T-jet and have liked them for a while. But I've also seen a M-jet and the gains they can get from the right mods.

T-jet = new turbo and a re-map for 170bhp, 37mpg in real world and decent reliability.

M-jet = just a re-map for 170bhp, near 50mpg but potential for big bills when the gearbox needs re-building or the egr valve plays up.

190 Bhp from my Red Dot remap a few years back but be too brutal with the power on a re-mapped MJet and as James says you will break the gearbag!

Ok cheers lads. I have been looking at corsa ds aswell, the 1.6T and the 1.7cdti but I have always liked GP's and im currently driving a mk2 punto haha

If it was me I would be going for a T-Jet mate, then again I am not a big lover of diesels myself.

(runs and takes cover behind a tractor LOL awaiting for a lynching) :p

Regards
Stephen

i think with this you need to consider what your driving is like. I have a m-jet only because i used to commute 45 miles a day so I wanted a diesel to save on fuel, but if you are only going to be driving a few mile each day then go for the t-jet. Now I don't drive as much and would swap for a t-jet. Either way if you go for the m-jet or t-jet you will be getting an amazing car and will love it!

Its a fair comment Steve.
Diesels do take ages to warm up properly so crap for short, especially winter journeys. I drive petrol now and get decent economy but half the performance, but it does warm up quick tho!

Ok cheers lads. I have been looking at corsa ds aswell, the 1.6T and the 1.7cdti but I have always liked GP's and im currently driving a mk2 punto haha

Corsa has exactly the same fragile gear box as the GP.

Do a google search for M32 gearbox failure.

Mine was rebuilt twice

The gearbox on the t-jet and the corsas is awful but hey ho. I really can't decide haha

The t-jet box isn't the greatest to use and could do with a sixth gear its true but I've not read of many failures of them on here.

I have been looking at this as it's only about 5 miles away from me.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1381787860.056607.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1381787869.053767.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1381787879.571292.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1381787886.658296.jpg

It's currently got 52k on the clock, sports exhaust, dump valve and induction kit already installed. Basically it's up for £4800 but with my part ex I'm pretty sure I can get it for about £3500 cash? Oh and it's a T-jet!

Whatcha think?

Looks a very nice and tidy GP mate, any plans on test driving it?

Been there and done that. The thing is a rocket, it flies. Couldn't figure out how to get the MPG on screen to see what it was doing though?.

I would buy it but as stupid as it sounds I really wanted a car that I could put a double din in but I'm sure there's ones with pop out screens? Also not sure if the lights on the dash and speedo can be changed as the orange is horrible!

The orange I don't believe can be changed entirely although some have managed to introduce white into the mix. In terms of a double din I know what you mean, I opted for a single din with a pop out 7 inch screen.

Regards
Stephen

Been there and done that. The thing is a rocket, it flies. Couldn't figure out how to get the MPG on screen to see what it was doing though?.

I would buy it but as stupid as it sounds I really wanted a car that I could put a double din in but I'm sure there's ones with pop out screens? Also not sure if the lights on the dash and speedo can be changed as the orange is horrible!

Seems most have orange, white or vauxhall ****ty yellow. Any still have green these days? :D

Depends on how many miles you do really, i have a 45 mile round trip to work in my T-jet which is around the upper limit for a petrol IMO, although a petrol will always be better to drive.

I wouldnt go near a 1.7cdti Corsa, they have an unreliable isuzu engine with the same fragile gearbox as the Mjet

Given its been modified and you say it flys, have you checked its got the original turbo?

You can see the turbo clearly at the front of the engine bay, there is a part number etched in. Vl37=standard t-jet turbo, vl36 or vl38 = upgraded turbo from abarth/500 abarth.

Given its been modified and you say it flys, have you checked its got the original turbo?

You can see the turbo clearly at the front of the engine bay, there is a part number etched in. Vl37=standard t-jet turbo, vl36 or vl38 = upgraded turbo from abarth/500 abarth.

Good thinking, I didn't think of they. I'll have a look into it

Back